Thread: GB ethernet

Just burned his ISO

Default GB ethernet

I am running BT4, Vmworkstation 6.5, starting networking defaults on boot, and everything works fine for my wireless card and Broadcom NeXtreme GB Ehternet card when connected to Linksys at home.

However, on the GB port at work the same card on the laptop (compaq nc6400) can't get an ip address. DHCP is not locked down on the network and my wireless does grab an ip.

Are there any special commands to make BT work on a GB ethernet? I am new to BT.
    thanks

Default Connected?

Are you actually connected to the new network? Do you need to set up a new password for your work-space? dhcp will only be effective on a full connection.
    Lux sit

First of all its Gigabit card not the Gigabyte e.g.GbE and check for proper Virtual network setting in vmware.
    ifconfig -a must show your ethernet interface eth0 ,if yes then proceed ahead else try with modprobe e1000
    ifconfig eth0 up;dhclient eth0
    should work.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the replies. This was my mistake. When I was trying to get my wireless card working, I forgot that I went and manually set the bridging for vmnet0 from automatic to the wireless card and forgot to set it back. User error....it is now working.