Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bcm43xx Bug

Default Bcm43xx Bug

I'm now 3 days full testing Bt4 i have found a big bug for the bcm43xx drivers i think so
    when i am starting airodump-ng wlan0 on my b43 card it will scan all networks
    but afther the command
    airodump-ng -c 11 -w work --bssid wlan

will stop the b43 wlan working all and no scans any more

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxistis View Post
    I'm now 3 days full testing Bt4 i have found a big bug for the bcm43xx drivers i think so
    when i am starting airodump-ng wlan0 on my b43 card it will scan all networks
    but afther the command
    airodump-ng -c 11 -w work --bssid wlan

will stop the b43 wlan working all and no scans any more
    are you putting BSSID there and put wlan0 there.

yes m8 but airdump will stop working then
    and i have no network any more...
    i need to reboot then then everthing will work agian

is there a solution for this?

Just burned his ISO

I'm running into the same problem, not every time though.
    From what I see, bt4b is patched for bcm43xx.. now known as b43.

I can see that the correct drivers for injection are installed, but I can not, for the love of god, inject.

aireplay -9 reports no AP's found.

I've been able to inject with this card before, up to 350pps, when installing the drivers myself. (On Ubuntu 8.10)

If anyone else is running into this problem, please let me know. Esp if you have the bcm4311 rev 02 mini pci card.

can't inject either :/

You need to restart networking

As for injection elninio.. you are being vague, which chipset/model?

Just burned his ISO

For people that have a bcm43xx mini-pci card, I was able to fix the injection and hang problem by patching the latest mac80211. I don't know why just yet, but it fixed it.

check out hxxp://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=b43

scroll down to the installation part.

To download the latest mac80211 patch, go to patches.aircrack-ng.org

For you lazy people:
    (From the aircrack-ng wiki, just replace "b43-injection-<kernel version>.patch with your mac80211 patch)

Place the patch in your kernel sources or compat-wireless directory
    Run 'patch -p1 -i b43-injection-<kernel version>.patch'.

This patch may not apply directly and may require that you modify the files main.c and xmit.c (located in $linux/wireless/net/drivers/b43/ and $linux/wireless/net/drivers/b43legacy/) manually

Recompile your modules with 'make drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.ko drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/b43legacy.ko', followed by 'make modules_install'.
    The module should now be ready to use for injection.
    Remember to reload the kernel driver or reboot your system before trying to inject packets.

Just burned his ISO

Well, I stuck hxxp://patches.aircrack-ng.org/mac80211_2.6.28-rc8-wl_frag+ack_radiotap.patch in /usr/src/linux and ran "patch -p1 -i mac80211_2.6.28-rc8-wl_frag+ack_radiotap.patch", without any errors.

Then, "make drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.ko drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/b43legacy.ko" finished up w/o any errors as well, but "make modules_install" complained about something and spit out an error that escapes me atm.

I went ahead and did a "make modules". I'm assuming the previous make involving the .ko files was a uh, more specific make? One that doesn't take hours like the one that's happenin right now. -_-

Anyway, I'm hoping the full on "make modules" will allow me to do the "make modules_install". It's 4 AM here so I'll follow up w/results of this potential fix tomorrow when it's done.

BTW, using Linksys WPC54G rev3.1 which was injecting just dandy at 500 PPS on the latest ubuntu earlier today. Realized this problem when I tried to do a basic clientless WEP crack on my AP and it just spammed "Sending Authentication Request (Open System)" a bunch until it determined that some shit aint right.

Update:
    make modules returned the following:

net/mac80211/tx.c: In function ‚__ieee80211_parse_tx_radiotap‚:
    net/mac80211/tx.c:831: error: redefinition of ‚info‚
    net/mac80211/tx.c:829: error: previous definition of ‚info‚ was here
    make[2]: *** [net/mac80211/tx.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [net/mac80211] Error 2
    make: *** [net] Error 2

Im running into similar issue with my rt73 usb driver,and have to reboot to get wifi into monitor mode again once it gets hosed. I get device is busy when trying to put it into monitor mode, but only after something causes it to stop working, which I can't figure out what is causing this.

I am in the process now of tracking down and installing the older drivers for it and will try it again to see if that fixes the issue. Under bt3, my card comes up as rausb0, but under bt4, its wlan0 and I can no longer set iwpriv features for the card, like forceprism headers, etc. BT3 worked though and I was able to deauth, etc. I think the same thing is happening for the bcmXX card is that you need to get the older drivers used on BT3, and then everything should be good to go, but I have yet to test this myself. This is still a beta, so I don't expect everything to work 100% out of the gates.

edit:

It seems that If I use different drivers, like the ones I always used in BT3, my card works fine. I think this is probably the issue most people are having with all the cards, is they need to just find the right drivers for their card. The default one for BT4 just needs to be replaced with whatever you used previously in BT3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast