Thread: The Middler

Just burned his ISO

Default The Middler

Is someone there who know how to use "The Middler" ?Because i was trying to use this program in backtrack 4 beta ,and it show me nothing.Just something about proxy and that's it.

Since it is an alpha you have to find it out more or less yourself. Or use google to search for it.

But why not use ettercap?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Since it is an alpha you have to find it out more or less yourself. Or use google to search for it.

But why not use ettercap?
    Yeah for such a 'highly' anticipated tool, it does seem like pure alpha, which ettercap can surely do the same.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Default Shouts from one of the developers

Yes, the Middler is still in alpha, but hopefully we'll get it to beta in the next few weeks. Everything is pretty stable now, but I still need to rework the plugins so they don't walk all over each other.

As for running it on Backtrack, I've heard several reports that it works. You may have to grep through all the include statements to extracted the python dependencies, but a little elbow grease should get it working. Off the top of my head I know you'll need beautifulsoup and possible scapy.

Once I fix the plug-in problem, my next goal is to create a Debian/Ubuntu package for it. So keep your eyes open. I'll submit to the BackTrack guys for inclusion, and will probably attempt to get it accepted into Debian's main archive.

- meeas (Justin Searle)

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by meeas View Post
    Yes, the Middler is still in alpha, but hopefully we'll get it to beta in the next few weeks. Everything is pretty stable now, but I still need to rework the plugins so they don't walk all over each other.

As for running it on Backtrack, I've heard several reports that it works. You may have to grep through all the include statements to extracted the python dependencies, but a little elbow grease should get it working. Off the top of my head I know you'll need beautifulsoup and possible scapy.

Once I fix the plug-in problem, my next goal is to create a Debian/Ubuntu package for it. So keep your eyes open. I'll submit to the BackTrack guys for inclusion, and will probably attempt to get it accepted into Debian's main archive.

- meeas (Justin Searle)
    once you get a beta going shoot me a PM and we will try to get a .deb going for the backtrack repo.