Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT4 triple boot Help....

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Sure it is. You could make ubuntu use the free space of sda3 and then go ahead and use it for the BT installation.
    NOOO ..i dont want to use the free spaces..... after ubuntu installation.... i will remove files of ubutu i.e swap and / and /home and place or should i say copy BT installation files... does it possible... is it ever done b4 :P

Dude, why go with BT4 if you don't know the basics of Linux? Go here and start from there.

Learn how Linux is working exactly then you won't have issues with a simple thing like installing BT.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Default review - use as a LiveCD and do not install

Well I see your problems and co-users here have tried to help.

Let us perhaps review things.

I sense that it is difficult for you to partition your disk and to understand the consequences. Try not to use extended partitions...stay solely with primary partitions (4).

As it is difficult for you to set up lilo or grub using a manual bt installation then you might have success with installing another (linux) distro and (yes...keeping it) modify the lilo.conf or grub.conf to point to the files in the third/fourth partition (your copied bt directories). This will avoid any chroot requirements and give you three OSs.

Overall, my advice is to leave only Windows on your machine on the hard-drive and to use bt3 or bt4 as a LiveCD without attempting to install to the hard-drive.

Try a similar LiveCD such as Knoppix to learn more about Linux.
    Lux sit

Dude, why go with BT4 if you don't know the basics of Linux? Go here and start from there.

Learn how Linux is working exactly then you won't have issues with a simple thing like installing BT.
    Thanx BRO for your help i really appreciate..... i will do it myself now.... the worst it can happen that i will loose all my data...so be it....

and i did started reading from that site itz really nice thanx for that too.... but i will surely install BT and thats the way i am........

And what's your reason for using BT instead of learning how Linux works?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Smile

And what's your reason for using BT instead of learning how Linux works?
    Reason remains the same.... learning is the prime thing..... and even this installation thing is a part of learning i guess what i learned in past few days about installations and partitioning is simply priceless...

ANd i guess forums are like another institute where you get many helping hands though i dont trust each and every forum come on my way few are really helpful...

i agree with you is learning from scratch is bad thing... but i learn that way first putting my head in a mess then finding out the solution .... book reading ..i never enjoyed ....

and i want to learn tools and things which are there in BT including linux ....

so thats it...

Yeah that's ok all in all but you are trying to learn tools without knowing the basics underneath it.

It's like you want to learn how to build a roof without knowing how the house beneath it is structured or build.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Yeah that's ok all in all but you are trying to learn tools without knowing the basics underneath it.

It's like you want to learn how to build a roof without knowing how the house beneath it is structured or build.
    ahhh... you took in the wrong way KM dear ...... i am learning....and you know very well that everybody poke around here is not a hacker (nor do i )or somthing like that but there is somthing called curiosity and respect for the makers of the tools...... the tools really impressed me for sure ...i have used them in live CD version but there are issues in ma laptop with CD and pendrives so installation is the only solution.... Now lets say i will only use BT after i mastered all the concepts of linux ..then i dont think that day will ever come.....

I guess you are a pen tester ....and u also mentioned the secret of being a pen tester
    I guess i will b one of that kind one day.....

ALL in ALL my intention of using BT isnt malicious its just the utmost love that i developed over past few days ... and it will gonna continue for long ....and as BT will provide more support ... soon i will get rid of all windows craps

I know you were got bit irritated with me.... wel i hav a habit of making people irritated ... so dont mind...

I think I like the idea of BLACK FOOT... bit of hassle free ...can u know how to do that.... or atleast where to search for...

Thanx will always there for you

It is not that I would call myself a master of Linux nor anything else. There will almost always be someone who is better at any given task at hand. I also didn't say that you are supposed to become a linux master but to learn the real basics
    I know that you also want to learn the tools, but they are distracting from learning linux.
    If you have too much shiny stuff around it will distract you from the task at hand.

It is great, that you have the will to learn and all. And I am not saying that you have anything bad in mind. That's why I gave you an honest and well meant answer.

I wish you all the best with your research.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Thanx KMdev things did worked out for me..... i have been using USB installation for BT4 and dual boot otherwise.... thanx for ur help..... and to others too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast