Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu to BackTrack in a few easy steps

Nope won't be possible that easy Nearly but not completly.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Nope won't be possible that easy Nearly but not completly.
    LMAO

I wish I knew all this years ago before I learnt to compile, patch and install on Linux.

It would probably be better to install BackTrack then add the Ubuntu repo's you want. Just don't use the normal Ubuntu repo's for kernel upgrades.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    ... and could potentialy give someone who doesn't know what they are doing the tools to wreck a network.
    That's like .. old news.

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    LMAO

I wish I knew all this years ago before I learnt to compile, patch and install on Linux.
    Then you would be just a lame script kiddie
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It would probably be better to install BackTrack then add the Ubuntu repo's you want. Just don't use the normal Ubuntu repo's for kernel upgrades.
    Yeah I can see a lot of n00b caker's messing up their pretty Ubuntu machines.

@ OP, I'd take it down if I were you; I think it's disrespectful to teach people how to leach off of the BT4 repo
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Default gpg

Quote Originally Posted by Descention View Post
    [CODE]

The Error:
    Please add hxxp and :// right before repo.
    Code:
    W: GPG error: repo.offensive-security.com binary/ Release: 
    The following signiture couldn't be verified because the 
    public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 720DB78AC5717CD1
    try boot into bt4 run "sudo apt-key list" copy the second part of the /gpg.

then bot in to ubuntu:
    sudo su -c 'echo deb or src [u r l]hxxp://whateveradressuneed[/u r l] >> /etc/apt/sources.list'

then:
    gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv "the gpg u copied from bt4 apt-key list"
    gpg --fingerprint "the gpg u copied from bt4 apt-key list"
    gpg --export "the gpg u copied from bt4 apt-key list" | sudo apt-key add -

im not using bt4, waiting for the stabel one, so i have no idea if this chit works out side hardy.

mcurran

Default wget -q http://archive.offensive-security.com/backtrack.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

Use wget to add the public repository key to your sources with the command referenced in the title I wrote above... Sorry, I cannot post url's unless I make 15 more posts first.

Here are the repos (without the http: - You should know where they go - Hint = _ )

deb _//archive.offensive-security.com pwnsauce main microverse macroverse restricted universe multiverse
    deb _//archive.offensive-security.com/repotest/ ./ # BackTrack Devel Repository

Quote Originally Posted by mcurran View Post
    Use wget to add the public repository key to your sources with the command referenced in the title I wrote above... Sorry, I cannot post url's unless I make 15 more posts first.

Here are the repos (without the http: - You should know where they go - Hint = _ )

deb _//archive.offensive-security.com pwnsauce main microverse macroverse restricted universe multiverse
    deb _//archive.offensive-security.com/repotest/ ./ # BackTrack Devel Repository
    Dude, you're replying to a two month old post.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

foster04

Default Take it down

I agree with PureHate somwhow but I desagree on his desicion of leaving the instructions in the forum. People show some respect for the developers of BT, as has been said, the work is A LOT...and donations poor, and not NO CREDIT... i mean... take it down...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast