Thread: Wifi stuck in channel?

Just burned his ISO

Default Wifi stuck in channel?

It seems that my wifi is stuck in a certain channel while scanning, and I am unable to change the channel? I've tried everything from iwconfig ath1 channel [number] ,it seems to work when i use aireplay-ng to send deauths (but i have to set it before i use it, then it reverts if i try and use it again) , but when i'm using airodump to find access points it reverts itself back to channel 4 and gives me the message "fixed channel ath1: 4". I'm also not sure why , but airodump wont let me sniff packets from my default card ath0, and after i run airmon-ng it gives me ath1 which allows sniffing. iwlist [adapter] channels says i'm able to use the channel so i'm not sure why it keeps reverting back to channel 4 after being set =\. Any help on this would be great, as I've been struggling to try and fix this.

Default driver change

Maybe you need to correct the driver that the system is using for your device or just read the man page for iwconfig to check the command usage when you are in any status such as Managed or Ad-hoc so that the card status is changed to permit you to select a channel.
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

Thanks i ended up fixing this, i used modprobe to reset the drivers then i configured the card manually using wlanconfig and set the card in monitor mode by default.