Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How to: USB BackTrack 4 with Changes

I found the issue, my windows partitioner (acronis) changed the sizes around, it created a partition called sdc5. I thought that sdc5 was the thrown away partition it made, but it ended up being the sdc5, now that i ran through the guide using sdc5 instead of sdc2, it works. Thanks for helping my cybr, you seem to have been doing it alot

Poster fixed his own problem.

EDIT: Sorry, took too long in my typing to see your response. Glad to be of service.

thanks alot for this tutorial. i used implemented your instructions into my BackTrack4 Gui Installer v4. will give you credits with in the installer. thanks again

edit: and whoah i hit senior member rank. awesome :P
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Default more info needed for installing bt4beta persistent changes please

so am i to setup bt4beta as a live install on to both usb drives?
    It makes these tutorials too confusing when u jump around back and forth just to shorten because you are too lazy.

Not trying to be insulting.

and why not use ext2 instead of ext3 ?
    is it true that using the ext3 will either slow things down or eventually cause
    you to neeed to repartition and reformat due to journaling or something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by adapt3r View Post
    so am i to setup bt4beta as a live install on to both usb drives?
    It makes these tutorials too confusing when u jump around back and forth just to shorten because you are too lazy.

Not trying to be insulting.

and why not use ext2 instead of ext3 ?
    is it true that using the ext3 will either slow things down or eventually cause
    you to neeed to repartition and reformat due to journaling or something like this?
    Not sure what you are exactly looking for but HERE is a link with the commands to install BT4 to a single USB with 2 partitions. 1 partition for the /boot and /bt4 directories and another partition (ext3) for /changes

Thank you...
    You really don't know how long I spent pounding at my keyboard to figure this stuff out... after all that... this tutorial has metaphorically dropkicked me in the face with how very VERY little I know about linux.... and more importantly, how very very hungry I am for more.

Cheers

Worked well for me........
    btw I used qtparted for partitioning.......

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Naggin View Post

Note: I used Acronis Disk Director Suite for the next part
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

Hi im having a problem after i did the partitions with acronis my usb isn't apearing im my computer so i cant put th eiso

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prodil89 View Post
    Hi im having a problem after i did the partitions with acronis my usb isn't apearing im my computer so i cant put th eiso
    Care to provide a little more information as to how you partitioned your drive?
    If it is ext2 or 3 then windows will not recognize it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

It's ext 2 can you please tell me in what do i have to partition srry im a noob at backtrack and sorry for bad english

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast