Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acer Aspire One

Just burned his ISO

hello,

i want to buy a acer aspire one a110.

But i am unsure now... i have read some articles and some say it wont be able to "crack" wep , because bt3 and bt4 doesnt work with that netbook out of the box?

So my question: is it possible to do packet injection and mode monitor with the aao a110 (the first one) ?

By following a tutorial on using aircrack-ng i was able to get my network's wep key using bt4b on a flash drive and my AAO; i don't recall making any changes (especially since I was and still am a newb).

Just burned his ISO

cany anyone test this to crack his wep?

i can crack min within a few minutes and this works on my eee 4g 701, if this works on the AAO i'll buy it

airmon‐ng
    • airmon‐ng stop wifi0
    • ifconfig wifi0 down
    • airmon‐ng start wifi0
    • wesside‐ng ‐v [router mac] –i ath1 (has to be in Mode monitor)

I just purchased an AOD150-1577 and installed backtrack 4 beta as the primary OS. I have only been on it for about an hour now but most things seem to be working fine. I have however had a problem with kismet. When I try to launch kismet from the console or menu I get

Code:
    Suid priv-dropping disabled.  This may not be secure.
    No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
    Non-RFMon VAPs will be destroyed on multi-vap interfaces (ie, madwifi-ng)
    Enabling channel hopping.
    Enabling channel splitting.
    NOTICE: Disabling channel hopping, no enabled sources are able to change channel.
    Source 0 (intel): Enabling monitor mode for iwl3945 source interface wlan0 channel 6...
    FATAL: GetIFFlags: interface wlan0: No such device
    I haven't tested injection yet but I am on my home wireless. I also havent tried to user the webcam for anything. I'll update later when I've had a chance to test more features.

You need to set the correct "source= " parameters in the /etc/kismet/kismet.conf file.
    There are a ton of threads on how to do this if you don't know how. Search and you should find the answer to your kismet problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    You need to set the correct "source= " parameters in the /etc/kismet/kismet.conf file.
    There are a ton of threads on how to do this if you don't know how. Search and you should find the answer to your kismet problem.
    Thanks for the info. I actually had already done a little research and did know that I needed to change the sources line. I just hadn't figured out the correct option yet. I have since corrected that problem. I still haven't tested many more features because I reloaded my netbook with a Windows 7 beta and Backtrack 4 beta dual boot. Tomorrow I should really have some time to test.

Well I setup a verizon fios router we weren't using today and cracked WEP no problem. I don't have audio yet but
    I haven't begun to look into why.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123