Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acer Aspire One

Default Acer Aspire One

I did a Hard disk install on my Acer Aspire one, it installed flawlessly. Video, LAN, WLAN were all fine. even my sound which I had to install drivers for on other linux distros on this system worked without having to do a thing. BT4 + Acer Aspire One = Kicks ass...
    bostonlink - OSCP

Just burned his ISO

my acer 5720 works great with Bt4 too with minimal configuration and is as close too working out of the box as you could get with a beta os. I'll be putting BT3 back on soon tho until bt4 final comes out.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by link_ View Post
    I did a Hard disk install on my Acer Aspire one, it installed flawlessly. Video, LAN, WLAN were all fine. even my sound which I had to install drivers for on other linux distros on this system worked without having to do a thing. BT4 + Acer Aspire One = Kicks ass...
    I'd like to buy an Aspire One too, but i wanna know if it supports packet injection on bt4 beta or at least bt3 final, thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Demirulez View Post
    I'd like to buy an Aspire One too, but i wanna know if it supports packet injection on bt4 beta or at least bt3 final, thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.
    The AAO has an Atheros chipset on the installed wireless card. Packet injection works flawlessly every time I have used it with BT3. Am downloading BT4b now to see if there are any issues, but the AAO and BT3 together make a great wireless pentest couple!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by vcr-guy View Post
    The AAO has an Atheros chipset on the installed wireless card. Packet injection works flawlessly every time I have used it with BT3. Am downloading BT4b now to see if there are any issues, but the AAO and BT3 together make a great wireless pentest couple!
    Perfect, let me know also if it works with bt4 beta, then i suggest admins to upgrade backtrack wiki and add the Aspire One under the laptop compatibility list.

Just burned his ISO

just installed bt 4 on a usb with changes but are we stuck on the 800*600 res. or is there a change that we can make so that we get 1024*600 res.?? installing madwifi drivers just now...will post if its successful....

Just burned his ISO

hey guys the madwifi drivers work perfectly ^_^ n installed nessus too...bt rocks

Just burned his ISO

Default AAO Wireless

Wireless came up and worked with no issues in BT3 but I can't get it to work in BT4. I tried ifconfig ath0 up, ifconfig wlan0 up and still nothing shows up in the connection setup window. I'd love to move to BT4 if anyone can tell me where to start....

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by intensified View Post
    Wireless came up and worked with no issues in BT3 but I can't get it to work in BT4. I tried ifconfig ath0 up, ifconfig wlan0 up and still nothing shows up in the connection setup window. I'd love to move to BT4 if anyone can tell me where to start....
    o.O in most of the cases its the opposite...we had to install the madwifi drivers for bt3 but bt4 worked almost right out of the box...u might want to install tha HAL drivers once again if u havent changed em yet...
    Code:
    ht  t p://svn.madwifi-project.org/madwifi/branches/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/
    here is the link btw:h t t p://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=madwifi-ng

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by intensified View Post

try typing
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast