Thread: Ati 3870 Black Screen, pearl black

Just burned his ISO

Default Ati 3870 Black Screen, pearl black

Hello fellas,

I've got the following vga, and as pretty much with every distro I've got the initial driver issue, which I generally fix simply by adding a "Driver" line with Vesa. Here though it didn't work. There are two xorg files placed here, tried both, none of them worked. It gives me either some random error, like there isn't XServer or something. So all I get when start X is a sound that says "Finish him" and I'm not quite sure who this guy is referring to, so far I seem to be the finished one
    Regards

Good friend of the forums

if you could tell us whether you're using the bt4b or bt3, would be nice.
    As I have not had an ATI for quite a long time, can't help you much with your specific card - but I'm sure there is a driver for your card that is working just fine - install the driver, it usually takes care of your xorg.conf.

Just burned his ISO

Basically, that's the BT4b section, respectively it's about bt4.

xorred, thank you for your time,
    Yep, your suggestion is relevant to my issue, but the deal is that I don't want to: a)make my net connection every time I boot (I do not use a router device right now); b)install driver, every time I boot BT4. I thought there might be some neat piece of code that might save my pity ass.
    Thank you!