Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: BT4 Encrypted HDD install using LUKS and LVM

  1. #11
    Just burned his ISO jippe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    When trying to: update-initramfs -k all -c
    I get error: "update-initramfs is disabled since running on a live CD"

    What is wrong?


    Thanks, Jippe

  2. #12
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jippe View Post
    When trying to: update-initramfs -k all -c
    I get error: "update-initramfs is disabled since running on a live CD"

    What is wrong?


    Thanks, Jippe
    While still chrooted, use:

    Code:
    update-initramfs.distrib -c -k all
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  3. #13
    Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Hey __arc__, have you been editing your original post in this thread as it has progressed? Have the mistakes been removed from the original post? Because I'm thinking I'll try this when BT4 Final comes out.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

  4. #14
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Hey __arc__, have you been editing your original post in this thread as it has progressed? Have the mistakes been removed from the original post? Because I'm thinking I'll try this when BT4 Final comes out.
    I've been working on an installer script for this, couple of snags here and there, but once I get it done in the next day or so I'll post it for anyone who wants to use it.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  5. #15
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    I've been working on an installer script for this, couple of snags here and there, but once I get it done in the next day or so I'll post it for anyone who wants to use it.
    Hello Wyze,

    I tried your How To on BT4 final, and of course i stumbled on a few glimpse (GRUB for instance), but it's very close and i guess it's certainly the most complete "How to" i have followed so far on this topic.

    So while i trying to find where the problems are, any news from your installer (might be helpful)?

    Thanks
    Ulrick

  6. #16
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hello,
    I nearly fix all my issues, get the Grub to start the encrypted stuff, ...
    But is still have one last issue: when booting my "root" partition is in Read-Only.

    Any ideas from where it could come from?

    Regards
    Ulrick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •