Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Spoonwep2.lzm

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Question Spoonwep2.lzm

    Hello,

    The spoonwep2.lzm was work ok on BT3 but not on BT4.
    I added the spoonwep2.lzm on BT4/modules/spoonwep2.lzm and the gui start ok but the card type selection was empty. Any idea?
    BTW Im using lenovo T61 with Intel Wireless 4965AGN.
    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I tried it the same just for shits and giggles by manually porting the executable and folder with the jar file, and I ran into the same problem: card selection doesn't work.

    Never really used spoonweb anyhow, but it's a fun tool to have when wesside doesn't work, and you can't be bothered to manually type all the commands

  3. #3
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
    Hello,

    The spoonwep2.lzm was work ok on BT3 but not on BT4.
    I added the spoonwep2.lzm on BT4/modules/spoonwep2.lzm and the gui start ok but the card type selection was empty. Any idea?
    BTW Im using lenovo T61 with Intel Wireless 4965AGN.
    Thanks a lot.
    The guy that coded it has been homeless and out of work for a few months now. Every now and then he'll hit up an internet cafe. I wouldn't expect any of the spoon programs to be updated any time soon. Time to learn the commands manually.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Well, that's sad to hear

    I gues it's time to code your own batch script. I've been wanting to get into it, so I'll see what I can come up with if I have the time.

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello,

    Thanks a lot for all response. I wish I got a complete set of fingers. It's help a lot for guy w/ artificial arm...Thanks

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The guy that coded it has been homeless and out of work for a few months now. Every now and then he'll hit up an internet cafe. I wouldn't expect any of the spoon programs to be updated any time soon. Time to learn the commands manually.
    I know a bit of Java... if I had the source, I might be able to figure out what's wrong with it. My guess is that the original SpoonWEP 2 depended on a certain package to be installed that was included by default in BackTrack 3 which is no longer included in BackTrack 4. Either that, or because BT4 is the first version of BT to be based on Debian and rely on the Aptitude Package management system, some files/information may be located in different locations or formats. My guess is that SpoonWEP simply needs to be adapted to be compatible with the software that is included in BackTrack 4.

  7. #7
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliendude5300 View Post
    I know a bit of Java... if I had the source, I might be able to figure out what's wrong with it. My guess is that the original SpoonWEP 2 depended on a certain package to be installed that was included by default in BackTrack 3 which is no longer included in BackTrack 4. Either that, or because BT4 is the first version of BT to be based on Debian and rely on the Aptitude Package management system, some files/information may be located in different locations or formats. My guess is that SpoonWEP simply needs to be adapted to be compatible with the software that is included in BackTrack 4.
    Probably depends on the version of aircrack that was in bt3.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    70

    Default

    whats version of java is installed on BT4beta??
    Just type: java -version on command line.

    I think you need at least 1.6.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    267

    Default

    root@bt:/usr/lib# java -version
    java version "1.6.0_10"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-b33)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode, sharing)

    There you go

  10. #10
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Does anyone have any idea where I can find the original (uncompiled) java source code for SpoonWEP 2? I'd assume it's released under an open source license since it is included in a linux distribution such as BackTrack. I don't think the source code is included in the SpoonWEP 2 package. I managed to locate plain-text and binary shell scripts in there, but the source code for the Java application itself doesn't seem to be included. If I knew whos the author of SpoonWEP, I might be able to locate it on their website.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •