Thread: bt4-crystal

Just burned his ISO

Default bt4-crystal

I read the blog and didn't see anything about this.

Been using BT since 2.0 final. Love the new BT4. Even my half working crystal windows manager.

X loads just using crystal or KDE. It's just when I run crystal I can't see any of the icons on the bottom task bar. I can click on stuff and it opens programs etc, just can't see the icons.

Is this a known issue or so far undocumented? It does this both on LiveCD and installed on my HD.

If needed I can provide more information, just ask. I'll check this thread later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by swinsk View Post
    I read the blog and didn't see anything about this.

Been using BT since 2.0 final. Love the new BT4. Even my half working crystal windows manager.

X loads just using crystal or KDE. It's just when I run crystal I can't see any of the icons on the bottom task bar. I can click on stuff and it opens programs etc, just can't see the icons.

Is this a known issue or so far undocumented? It does this both on LiveCD and installed on my HD.

If needed I can provide more information, just ask. I'll check this thread later on today.
    AFAIK that's normal.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

J0rgan and I created the bt4-crystal and its still pretty beta and needs work. If you have comments, fix's or suggestions please let me know and we will try to implement them. Remember people this is a beta edition of backtrack on a entirely different platform with a new alternate window manger.

As to your question the bottom taskbar doesnt work yet in that particular theme.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    As to your question the bottom taskbar doesnt work yet in that particular theme.
    Same issue on DELL XPS 1210.

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown32 View Post
    Same issue on DELL XPS 1210.
    +1, doesn't work on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite pro 4600), and the vmware image.

I think we can be clear this feature hasn't been implemented yet, switching themes inside the window manager didn't work.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by swinsk View Post
    have the same prob.
    got an eeepc 1000h

hope it getting fixed @ the final Version

Good friend of the forums

or just change the theme from the menu...

Exactly the same problem. Guys working od BT4, helps anything if i write what hardware I`am using?

Tr00G33k

Just burned his ISO

I am using Sony VAIO VGN-FZ240E laptop. If that helps or not.

Anyways, I <3 bt and am a huge fan of it. Keep up the good work! I usually never sign up for message boards. This is the 2nd message board I belong too. I felt the need to contribute whatever I could to the new bt4.

I tried booting into bt4-crystal which is a kewl touch but my dumb ass cant figure out how to boot back into kde.. After a reboot & root/toor, I type startx but it keeps going back to crystal.

How do you get back into kde?

ahh nevermind man

This worked:
    root/toor
    ls -lsa
    rm .xinitrc
    startx

or

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ht=bt4-crystal