Thread: BackTrack4

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrack4

Hi, Having become totally disillusioned with the working practices of Microsoft I thought I would attempt the install a Linux operating system on my PC.

Having navigated my way to the Remote-Exploit BackTrack distribution, I managed to download the BT4-Beta and burn the iso to DVD. However when I boot the system from DVD - the process runs quite happily, however there is a point where the system is asking for a login account and password - Since I have just booted the system off the DVD I have not actually got as far a setting up root passowrd or user accounts and the such. I'm Clearly missing something very very basic here - please help!!!!

Thank You,

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulm2008 View Post

Hi, Having become totally disillusioned with the working practices of Microsoft I thought I would attempt the install a Linux operating system on my PC.

Having navigated my way to the Remote-Exploit BackTrack distribution, I managed to download the BT4-Beta and burn the iso to DVD. However when I boot the system from DVD - the process runs quite happily, however there is a point where the system is asking for a login account and password - Since I have just booted the system off the DVD I have not actually got as far a setting up root passowrd or user accounts and the such. I'm Clearly missing something very very basic here - please help!!!!

Thank You,

Regards

Paul
    http://backtrack4.blogspot.com/2009/...o-release.html
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Excellent - Thank You For The Info. I will give it another go - May be I will get past the first hurdle this time !!
    Regards, Paul