Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Track problem after update Help Req plz

copying build/lib/setuptools/tests/__init__.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests
    copying build/lib/setuptools/tests/test_packageindex.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests
    copying build/lib/setuptools/tests/doctest.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests
    creating build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/alias.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/install_lib.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/develop.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/rotate.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/__init__.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/install_egg_info.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/saveopts.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/install.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/build_py.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/egg_info.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/install_scripts.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/setopt.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/test.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/build_ext.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/bdist_wininst.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/bdist_rpm.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/register.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/upload.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/sdist.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/easy_install.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command
    copying build/lib/setuptools/gui.exe -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools
    copying build/lib/setuptools/cli.exe -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py to pkg_resources.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/easy_install.py to easy_install.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/site.py to site.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/extension.py to extension.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/archive_util.py to archive_util.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/sandbox.py to sandbox.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/depends.py to depends.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/package_index.py to package_index.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/dist.py to dist.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests/test_resources.py to test_resources.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests/test_packageindex.py to test_packageindex.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/tests/doctest.py to doctest.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/alias.py to alias.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/install_lib.py to install_lib.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/develop.py to develop.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/rotate.py to rotate.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/install_egg_info.py to install_egg_info.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/saveopts.py to saveopts.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/install.py to install.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/build_py.py to build_py.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/egg_info.py to egg_info.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/install_scripts.py to install_scripts.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/setopt.py to setopt.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/test.py to test.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/build_ext.py to build_ext.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/bdist_wininst.py to bdist_wininst.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/bdist_rpm.py to bdist_rpm.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/register.py to register.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/upload.py to upload.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/sdist.py to sdist.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py to easy_install.pyc
    byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py to bdist_egg.pyc
    creating build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/PKG-INFO -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/SOURCES.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/dependency_links.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/entry_points.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/top_level.txt -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    copying setuptools.egg-info/zip-safe -> build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/EGG-INFO
    creating dist
    creating 'dist/setuptools-0.6c9dev_r66750-py2.5.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.linux-i686/egg' to it
    removing 'build/bdist.linux-i686/egg' (and everything under it)
    Processing setuptools-0.6c9dev_r66750-py2.5.egg
    Removing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9dev_r66750-py2.5.egg
    Copying setuptools-0.6c9dev_r66750-py2.5.egg to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
    Removing setuptools 0.6c9 from easy-install.pth file
    Adding setuptools 0.6c9dev-r66750 to easy-install.pth file
    Installing easy_install script to /usr/bin
    Installing easy_install-2.5 script to /usr/bin

Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9dev_r66750-py2.5.egg
    Processing dependencies for setuptools==0.6c9dev-r66750
    Finished processing dependencies for setuptools==0.6c9dev-r66750
    --21:04:50-- XXXXXXXpypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pymills/pymills-3.4.tar.gz
    => `pymills-3.4.tar.gz'
    Resolving pypi.python.org... 32.1.8.136, 2001:888:2000:d::a3
    Connecting to pypi.python.org|32.1.8.136|:80...

then a min later....

failed: Connection timed out.
    Connecting to pypi.python.org|2001:888:2000:d::a3|:80... failed: Address family not supported by protocol.
    tar: pymills-3.4.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    mv: cannot stat `pymills-3.4': No such file or directory
    sh: line 0: cd: pymills/: No such file or directory

cheers for all the 'elp and if any one else wants to fire any suggestions that may well save the remainder of my hair that would be nice 2............

Refer to my post where I have addressed this issue too.problem lies in wrong resolving of
    address of pypi.python.org

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=20224

Thanks for the headsup secure it!
    but it didnt work.............

I extracted fasttrack V4.rar to /pentest/exploits/

there was no fasttrack folder in there so nothing was overwritten

then I tried to run /pentest/exploits/fasttrack/python setup.py install only for it to fail at the same point with the same output as before ie..

--15:35:21-- *****/pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pymills/pymills-3.4.tar.gz
    => `pymills-3.4.tar.gz'
    Resolving pypi.python.org... 32.1.8.136, 2001:888:2000:d::a3
    Connecting to pypi.python.org|32.1.8.136|:80... failed: Connection timed out.
    Connecting to pypi.python.org|2001:888:2000:d::a3|:80... failed: Address family not supported by protocol.
    tar: pymills-3.4.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    mv: cannot stat `pymills-3.4': No such file or directory
    sh: line 0: cd: pymills/: No such file or directory

so next I ran /pentest/fast-track/python setup.py install and got the same result..

then I copied the contents of fasttrack V4.rar over the files in my /pentest/fast-track/ (after BUing!) then tried the whole process again with the same result again.

If I ignore the call call to resolve pymills and start the interactive console mode and try to install all items from the installation menu it fails with

choice: 1
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./fast-track.py", line 72, in <module>
    import main
    File "/pentest/exploits/fasttrack/bin/menu/main.py", line 44, in <module>
    import updatemenu
    File "/pentest/exploits/fasttrack/bin/menu/updatemenu.py", line 85, in <module>
    if installmenu== '1': installer=subprocess.Popen("python setup.py install" , shell=True).wait()
    NameError: name 'subprocess' is not defined

if I try to install pymills manually I get

t pymills-3.4 # python setup.py install
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 7, in <module>
    pkg = __import__(name)
    ImportError: No module named pymills-3.4
    bt pymills-3.4 #

I am using BT3_usb_final with changes on its own partition so I tried a quick experiment by renaming changes in another os then booting into BT3 for a fresh setup.I ran the I console installed all software(slapt..ect) then ran the update all witch went OK then after restarting fasttrack it was unable to resolve the pymills dependancy again and the fix stilll did not work for me!

so are any of the steps ive taken wrong? or am I just nuts and missing something obvious?

any feedback welcomed with mucho appreciation.

Check with this command manually and perform setup again.the problem is that its not resolving correctly I don't know why.

root@ThUndErbOLt:~#svn co http://svn.thepentest.com/fasttrack/

Hey, try the install from the menu again, first update to the latest SVN, i fixed a bug where import subprocess wasn't defined for the OS system calls. I'm not sure why it isn't installing properly for you on BT3, I just downloaded BT3, ran the update and am able to do it ... Doesn't mean it isn't a bug just now sure why its failing..

relik I tried that mate same error!

secure it mentioned that this

Resolving pypi.python.org... 32.1.8.136
    Connecting to pypi.python.org|32.1.8.136|:80...

is incorrect.If this is the case is there any way to update to the correct ip?

I've hardcoded in the correct address, svn update, and give it another shot..

I updated from the i console to revision 39 ran the setup and got the same error...

not sure what to do next could it be a problem with my python?

Default Fixed

For anyone else who is experiencing a similar problem ie Fast-Track cant install PyMills because of an issue resolving the host address and the regular python manual install fails as well I found a solution today.

Use setup tools ez install to manually install the python egg of PyMills 3.4 available @

h t t p ://pypi.python.org/pypi/pymills/3.4

DL the abouve file (remove the spaces in h t t p)

run the command

Code:
    easy_install pymills-3.4-py2.5.egg
    and viola fasttrack will start with all dependencys resolved

many thanks to relik and secure it for helping with this problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Fix #2

go to h t t p://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools
    download "setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg"
    open a console and type "sh setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast