Thread: Need Help With Crackin My Router.

Just burned his ISO

Angry Need Help With Crackin My Router.

Ok so i heard wpa's harder to crack then wep, i had my router on wep for a month and realised my internet speed was really slow and i had loads of mac addresses added into my router,Hmmm, ok so i cracked my home wep router in 20minutes and decided to switch to wpa, so now i wanna see how hard it is to crack it and if wpa lives upto its name, i downloaded acdc's dictionary which was 29.6gb after extraction, and then powered on Vmware....
    gave Vmware 90gb and tried to move it from my external HD and it kept saying " could not move, out of space " or something like that. so then i tried to download the .rar from the site and extract it within bt3 ( Vmware ) and it said the same thing, So if anyone knows how to fix this problem please help, I gave Bt3 more then 3times the size of the extracted file and it still displays that message.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trojan92 View Post
    Ok so i heard wpa's harder to crack then wep, i had my router on wep for a month and realised my internet speed was really slow and i had loads of mac addresses added into my router,Hmmm, ok so i cracked my home wep router in 20minutes and decided to switch to wpa, so now i wanna see how hard it is to crack it and if wpa lives upto its name, i downloaded acdc's dictionary which was 29.6gb after extraction, and then powered on Vmware....
    gave Vmware 90gb and tried to move it from my external HD and it kept saying " could not move, out of space " or something like that. so then i tried to download the .rar from the site and extract it within bt3 ( Vmware ) and it said the same thing, So if anyone knows how to fix this problem please help, I gave Bt3 more then 3times the size of the extracted file and it still displays that message.
    Thanks.
    Just look how much diskspace is left in the location you want to copy the file to (df).
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

now i wanna see how hard it is to crack it
    IF your password is on your dictionary (like "password123" ) ... it's very easy. maybe need some time to compute all hash if is the last of the dictionary

But if your password is not on your dictionary your wpa is safe ... for you

i use vmware, with 90Gb og virtual HD it's strange "out of space"
    do you use the vwvare version or you run usb image on vmware (so it use ram + persistent)
    acer 5920g , 345abg , nvidia 8600m
    bt5 kde 64bit + acpi + cuda 4.0 / nvidia 270.40 / pyrit

Just burned his ISO

no i just downloaded the Cd image.

save the file on your internal drive and then just boot from the CD to BT3 and read from your internal drive.
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Just look how much diskspace is left in the location you want to copy the file to (df).

kk ill try that

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    save the file on your internal drive and then just boot from the CD to BT3 and read from your internal drive.
    my graphics card is too low to boot from cd or usb, i have that problem where it doesnt even boot after " startx"

my graphics card is too low to boot from cd or usb, i have that problem where it doesnt even boot after " startx"
    If you type startx you went through the entire boot process already.

If X is working when starting from harddisk it is something else.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

This wont fix your current problem. But i might suggest try using a smaller dictionary and see if you are able to do it with it. It will get you some expirence with WPA, just make sure your router password is included in the smaller dictionary file and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemis View Post
    IF your password is on your dictionary (like "password123" ) ... it's very easy. maybe need some time to compute all hash if is the last of the dictionary

But if your password is not on your dictionary your wpa is safe ... for you
    IMHO Nemis has provided the only reply that matters. There's no point trying to prove/disprove that your WPA key can be cracked.

Follow industry best practices when setting up your device and know you've done your best.

Fact 1: WPA protected access points can be cracked given an appropriate dictionary.
    Fact 2: People will try to crack yours.
    Fact 3: You can protect yourself by picking a strong passphrase/key and following industry best practices.

If you're going WPA, why aren't you going WPA2?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.