Thread: Ettercap-GTK

Just burned his ISO

If I use apt-get install ettercap-GTK, Ettercap no longer show up in the Backtrack Menu.

Not the result I expected.

Thanks,

Bryan

Quick clarification to my original post.

The only point--and a minor one at that--is using apt-get install ettercap-GTK removes the ettercap menu-items. Unless I missed something, the original distribution does not include ettercap-GTK, though there is a menu item for it. It is simple enough to use apt-get to install it and to edit the original menu Backtrack menu to add it back. (I assume that ettercap-GTK was stubbed out.)

As I said, a very minor comment.

Just burned his ISO

it comes under the "internet" menu

Quote Originally Posted by cdaniels View Post
    If I use apt-get install ettercap-GTK, Ettercap no longer show up in the Backtrack Menu.

Not the result I expected.

Thanks,

Bryan

Quick clarification to my original post.

The only point--and a minor one at that--is using apt-get install ettercap-GTK removes the ettercap menu-items. Unless I missed something, the original distribution does not include ettercap-GTK, though there is a menu item for it. It is simple enough to use apt-get to install it and to edit the original menu Backtrack menu to add it back. (I assume that ettercap-GTK was stubbed out.)

As I said, a very minor comment.
    The Ettercap/Ettercap-GTK menu entries Depend on Ettercap being installed and not Ettercap-GTK. This has been set in the menu entry package. When you installed Ettercap-GTK you would have been told that the menu entry package was going to be uninstalled as part of the install process. For the install to continue you would have to agreed to the menu entries package being removed.

Currently the menu entry package is only available for Ettercap and not Ettercap-GTK.
    This issue has already been addressed and fixed, and when the repo is updated, that fix will be available. There will be two different menu entry packages available, one if you have Ettercap installed and the other for when you have Etthercap-GTK solving this and a couple of other minor bugs.

Hope that answers the question

Just burned his ISO

Yes it does. Thanks.