Thread: USB flashdrive recognition

Hybrid View

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Default USB flashdrive recognition

Not sure whether this is me or not, but it definately worked differently in BT3.

BT4Beta on a 4gig SD card.
    Booting it on an Asus eeePC 900.

After having booted up BT4Beta, all working nice, then I try to get some info I have stored on a USB drive.

Plug it in (there is no autorun on BT4 although there was in BT3) so open up Konqueror and head to Storage Media.

There I see all the usual (after a refresh I might add) including my USB stick.

When trying to open it up, I continuosly get the error ;

Cannot obtain a lock on /media/.hal-mtab

Would also like to add that it does not seem possible to choose which card to use when using Kismet as it there used to be.. ?
    It just goes straight into Kismet and does not use the same driver, but is mentioning "intel" ? On an eee ?

Think I have to go straight back to class after just getting the hang of a few things.. drat..

I have the same problem, and get an error when opening USBView, that /proc/bus/usb/devices cannot be found.

EDIT: there's a temporary fix for it: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=20149

Thanks for the heads up ! missed that one..

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post

Would also like to add that it does not seem possible to choose which card to use when using Kismet as it there used to be.. ?
    It just goes straight into Kismet and does not use the same driver, but is mentioning "intel" ? On an eee ?
    Edit the /usr/local/kismet/kismet.conf file. It doesn't automagically configure itself now.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Thanks Barry, was afraid it would be that.
    I only run it off live usb (no save-changes) so didnt really want to have to do that each time