Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASUS Eee Pc 4G

Default ASUS Eee Pc 4G

Just used BT4 on my little EEE PC 4G
    Works fine...

Sound: Working
    Wireless: Partially Working (I can airodump, inject, but can't connect)
    Wired Network: Not Tested
    Startx: Working.

The only thing I'm trying to solve is the ACPI (for the Fn keys and to solve known bugs for Intrepid on the EEE).... I've been looking on the Eeeuser Forum for some tips, and I found this:
    - CPI scripts for Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
    - Intrepid kernel packages (2.6.27-5-eeepc)

As soon as I have some time in my hands I'll try it and post the results here (let's hope those changes don't f*ck up the changes you guys made (Backtrack Dev Team) )

BTW: Great job, I love BT4. Thanx a lot.

Just burned his ISO

whats your model # ? im useing eee pc 900a 4g with bt3 and it fills up the sdd but everything works but sound, whats the install size of bt4?

Mine is the 701 4G

U got a 900a.... I think your's has the same wireless card as mine... (atheros..), can you connect to an ap? (I can inject, but not connect)

My sound works fine...

Just burned his ISO

Smile

yes with bt3f i can connect to ap / inject with eee pc, i have not just yet done the move to bt4 on the eee pc still thinking about it i need to know how big the install is, im using my sd card as my home /tmp /logs and so on atm and just need more space

Just burned his ISO

Could anyone Help with the WLAN Connect Problem on eeepc 700/900 with Atheros Cards? I tried the mdwifi drive in /opt/drivers but with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pho_bos View Post
    Could anyone Help with the WLAN Connect Problem on eeepc 700/900 with Atheros Cards? I tried the mdwifi drive in /opt/drivers but with no luck.
    Did you turn on the network manager?

/etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I got the same eee and almost the same problems, Kismet and all the stuff is running fine, but when it comes to connect to my wpa2 nothing happens. When i open my wifi, i can connect in no time...
    Whats the probem ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaEskimo View Post
    I got the same eee and almost the same problems, Kismet and all the stuff is running fine, but when it comes to connect to my wpa2 nothing happens. When i open my wifi, i can connect in no time...
    Whats the probem ?
    User error.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Lol looks like it was really a User error...
    Dont know what was wrong but now it works .....
    Erased the connection, rebooted and did it again, this time not with the expert settings (i have wpa2) and it connected.

To starrt your wireless you can just use

ifconfig ath0 up (substitute ath0 with your device )

Booting with the wireless offline is beneficial.

I suggest using a utility like wlassistant to keep track of your wireless settings for different networks.

Check out my Eee-PC 1000HD post on the intrepid kernel and ACPI scripts.

Honestly, its probably the best kernel to run on your eee. I've been playing with Gentoo on the 1000HD since the post, but there are disadvantages to compiling from source. I will tell you that Gentoo 2,6,28 sources will chode out on the eee-pc. So you have to stick with 2,6,27, even then the speed increase over the intrepid eee-pc kernel was minimal. Do it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Kaos View Post

As soon as I have some time in my hands I'll try it and post the results here (let's hope those changes don't f*ck up the changes you guys made (Backtrack Dev Team) )

BTW: Great job, I love BT4. Thanx a lot.
    The person who never quits, is the person never defeated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast