Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: BT4 beta Hard drive install

Just burned his ISO

Now i got the same error like "capt.wheeto" when i run:

"cp --preserve -R /{bin,dev,home,pentest,root,usr,boot,etc,lib,opt,sb in,var} /mnt/bt/"

on my Asus eeePC 701 SSD.

Just burned his ISO

-- editted out because i obviously cant read.

i am having a new problem that a couple others are now, with the lilo -v, i get:

Fatal: creat /boot/map~: Read-only file system.

anyone have a quick fix for this?

mount: can't find /mnt/b/boot/ in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
    My guess is that you made a typo

Just burned his ISO

I keep getting this upon my boot:
    Kernel panic - not syncing : No init found . Try passing init = option to kernel
    I am a little newer to this kind of install. So any help will work.
    I have been using the guide's config on a new system (Asus eee 1000H to be specific)

I am havig the same problem as T4mer
    Kernel panic - not syncing : No init found . Try passing init = option to kernel
    except I am on a newly wiped eee pc 1000he
    any suggestions?

Rosenblut;
    See if THIS link fixes your problem.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the link cybrsnpr but the "splash" command it says does not exist so I was unable to make the correction in that way. Also he, Dark Ragnarok, is talking about how Ariff is missing the initrd line in LILO. I do have the initrd line in LILO and I still get this same error. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeiVronsky View Post
    Hi, after adding the partitions the format commands worked properly, but the swap space didn't work. Any suggestions, or ideas?
    Full Text of formatting:

This is on an Acer 5515, with windows business on sda1.

Thanks
    It seams to be a little mistake:

root@bt:~# mkswap /dev/sda3
    Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 2104508 KiB
    no label, UUID=d18f89d5-6823-4ed8-b3e0-cf955c832799

root@bt:~# swapon /dev/sda4
    swapon: /dev/sda4: Invalid argument

Just burned his ISO

Well I just failed and lost all my data on my laptop but I have not given up.

If I was to follow this command by command (spelling everything right, and doing the right syntax. Only changing the stuff like sda* to, for me sdb1-3. Should I encounter any problems? Last time I tried and got it close to working it would not show up as a bootable device (its an external drive connected from firewire)

I was also told not to follow what it says in the pdf for the lilo part. So I just want to clear things up so I can stop wasting time before I try an install again.

Well I worked out all the errors I had before, stupid problems with restarting and forgetting to run chroot so it was the wrong lil. Anyways I did an install again and it went fine without errors, until I booted up from the HD and it said "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" After double, then triple checking what i did, I'm out of ideas. Google has also failed to provide working results.

Thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    your syntax is wrong. Clearly you didnt even bother to research the root delay command.

This is what it looks like and should go with your other append command

append = rootdelay 10

Also I would lose this line "initrd=/boot/splash.initrd" until you get it working.

EDIT: in fact this lilo,conf is all F**ked up try this:

Code:
    lba32
    boot=/dev/sdb
    prompt
    timeout=50
    change-rules
    vga=0x317
    image=/boot/vmlinuz
    root=/dev/sdb3
    label="BT4"
    read-only
    append = rootdelay 10
    append=quiet

what is the actual rootdelay command you should place inside lilo.conf.
    because when I put this i get a "duplicate append" error. and then when I place it in by itself.

Code:
    root delay 10
    or I researched and found this method also

Code:
    rootdelay=10

or 

root delay = 10
    sorry I am trying to boot from my USB and I can't get Lilo to properly initialize without this command, I have also hear of adding a sleep command, and it says it does recognize either sleep or rootdelay as a proper token.

any help would be appreciated.

BTW, My lilo.conf looks like this

Code:
    lba32
    boot=/dev/sdb
    root=/dev/sdb3
    prompt
    timeout=10
    change-rules
    vga=0x317
    image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label="BT4"
    read-only
    rootdelay = 10
    append=quiet
    thanks again, anyone.

Just burned his ISO

Hi all ,
    and a very big thanks to pureh@te for this tutorial, and all the BT team for the great work on BT .

I followed this tutorial, and it work's like a charm ,
    my computer platform is a eeepc 901, with a 16go SSD.

I done it by using my bt4 usb key with changes, and all the changes are ported to my hd install.

I'm really happy it is really faster .

But i just have some questions, about it witch I can not find answer on the web, please feel free to redirect me if you know good source to my questions.(If a moderator want that i create a new subject, please send me a pm I'll migrate the question on it, thanks in advance ).

-When I boot up the system, after the lilo's screen, on the backtrack load console the screen become re-sized and when I have to log-in, the screen is too small in height and i can not see the command I type, so I would like to resize the screen when x is not launched, how can i do ?

-My xorg.conf, is empty but X is launching very good, the screen size is correct but I can not change the resolution, when i try to change my xorg.conf to get my graphic card configured, the system does not start anymore ..
    this is my lspci :
    Code:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Thanks in advance for your reading and any responses .
    Bye

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast