Thread: Broadcom 4312 [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

Post Broadcom 4312 [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
    Not working/supported & confirmed by aircrack-ng suite too
    http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=broadcom
    you need to install either Ndiswrapper or Broadcom Hybrid drive to work only managed mode.

this is also known as Dell 1395 ( why do i always have the most UNSUPORTED hardware!!!!)

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Its already been noted in the wiki under HCL:Wireless.

Wiki is not so updated one as I have seen.apart from wiki many other undocumented NIC's are working and I was thinking that may be b43 will support this hardware too in future with latest kernel and after applying MAC80211 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Wiki is not so updated one as I have seen.apart from wiki many other undocumented NIC's are working and I was thinking that may be b43 will support this hardware too in future with latest kernel and after applying MAC80211 patches.
    Yup that has been the case ever since bt2 came out, less and less users check the wiki and/or update it.. bt3 came out and wiki was dying for update.. still it hardly gets the attention it needs. Now bt4b is out and yet you still get people who asks the same old questions that were previously answered..

I try my best to update the wiki but I'm focusing more or less on the HCL:Wireless section. It is almost impossible to keep track of every single user's post with their cards and chipsets and outcomes if they didn't provide enough information.