Thread: booting bt3 questions

Just burned his ISO

Default booting bt3 questions

this will probably seem like a stupid question.
    but how do i edit my syslinux.cfg so that it boots straight into the KDE graphics mode instead of showing the menu, and then straight into the video mode waiting for me to press space.

Try the search function.

But why do you want to edit syslinux.cfg?

Also what's your linux experience so far?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

...maybe im barking up the wrong tree lol.
    but yeh i just wanna boot into BT3 without all the menus and prompts.
    my linux experience is limited to ubuntu basics - and using google to search for tutorials.

this thread kinda told me whats going on.
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=19327&highlight=bt3+no+boot+menu

what im trying to do is to get my liveusb(well sdhc here) install to boot straight into BT3kde mode. which is why i think syslinux.cfg needed to be edited, since everything that is there is on the boot menu.

you have the right idea.

if you notice when you open syslinux.cfg the "timeout 40". And also the default mode

Just burned his ISO

thanx @knight,
    i edited my syslinux.cfg and changed the timeout to 1 and just put xconf1 as the default.
    with the timeout thing on the videomode. i think its something to do with vmlinuz. and since i dont know how to edit that to...ill just have to not worry about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aj-kun View Post
    my linux experience is limited to ubuntu basics - and using google to search for tutorials.
    That is a good start. But you should dig deeper into Linux before playing around with BT. Gladly you don't expect to be spoonfed completly

You might want to give this a try to learn more about Linux. Afterwards learn about the working of TCP/IP if you don't know it already and then start learning about the tools in BT.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

thanx dave, was gonna start reading the slackware book that balding parrot posted, but i'll read this instead.

Good friend of the forums

xconfg does not start X, it just clears / resets / reconfigures your xorg.conf and if you're having a changes partition on the usb... bad

try ;startx at the end

Quote Originally Posted by aj-kun View Post
    thanx dave, was gonna start reading the slackware book that balding parrot posted, but i'll read this instead.
    Since BT4 is not based on Slax anymore the book is still an awesome read but not suited anymore since there are a lot of small differences.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá