Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: pyrit CUDA nvidia Tutorial + Nvidia overclock instructions

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
    Thanks for the great write-up pureh@te. I don't understand one basic concept: the word "metasploit" is not in the 'dic-0294.txt' dictionary, how was it found?
    I added it for the sake of the tutorial

Same "fatal error" message with the 8500GT. Btw, for pureh@te, we are field testing a Tesla personal supercomputer wit three S1070's in our scif this week in the field, will post results or what I can when I get back on friday night
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

the developer of pyrit says that multiple gpu should be coming soon, till then I believe only 1 gpu can work at the moment.
    the tesla would be interesting to see and how it compares with the gtx 285/295 (when both gpus can work).

I plan on building a new pc later this year and have to decide what to put in my 4 pci-e16x slots. until BT4 gets released I wont be in a big hurry.

Ah finally back if anyone is interested I was abler to get my hands on one of the new machines we were testing using EWSA, with all three cards it was running about 235,000 wps on average straight from a 120GB wordlist, thats about all I can say about that but jus putting it out in case if anyone was interested
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

any idea if that was one or more of the tesla? I thought pyrit couldn't handle multiple gpus? maybe you have a newer release or cant do multiple gpu's on one card (gtx295)

so if all 3 were to work that would be 78333 per card, Which I can see. btw rough calcualtions it would take 36 days to get through all passwords in an 8 character list (95 characters), using the 3 cards.

found a Canadian site that sells the tesla for 2,260.99 each

Quote Originally Posted by Sh@d0w View Post
    Ah finally back if anyone is interested I was abler to get my hands on one of the new machines we were testing using EWSA, with all three cards it was running about 235,000 wps on average straight from a 120GB wordlist, thats about all I can say about that but jus putting it out in case if anyone was interested
    That's awesome!

The benchmark on pyrit's site shows that a 280GTX (with 240 ALUs) does roughly 11,000 PMK/s. A Testla S1070 has 4 x 240 = 960 ALUs, yet three S1070 boxes are almost twice as fast as twelve 280GTX cards!!! I wonder if memory is the bottleneck? Each Tesla box has 4GB, compared to 1GB on the 280GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by intertan View Post
    ... it would take 36 days to get through all passwords in an 8 character list (95 characters)...
    I wonder what the electric bill would be at 3 x 800W at the end of a 36 day run?

nvidia.com/object/product_tesla_s1070_us.html

...and how much disk space the result would take

Quote Originally Posted by Sh@d0w View Post
    we were testing using EWSA
    Just realized that you were talking about 'Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor' and not pyrit - guess that makes the 280GTX vs S1070 performance comparison moot.

[edit - this post should appear below my next two]
    "You shot who in the what now?"

Just burned his ISO

Default mistake

In the CUDA_INSTALL I think there is a small mistake I think. It's supposed to be:

dpkg --force-overwrite -i /opt/cuda/nv_20090130-1_i386.deb

not

dpkg -force-overwrite -i /opt/cuda/nv_20090130-1_i386.deb

it's missing a "-".

It took me a while to figure it out.

Default New pyrit revision available

This should be great news for readers of this thread. Pyrit's author has released revision 69 with all kinds of changes.
    hxxp://pyrit.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/rev69-committed/

Developer

W00t!!!!!!!

I bet if I stopped X and these 4 big old monitors I could harness the full power

Just burned his ISO

So it’s possible to have a box full of 8400 GS 512MB “PCI” cards. I have this old AMD 939 board laying around with 2gigs of ram on it and has like 6 PCI Slots, plus a PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So in theory if I buy these 8400 GS PCI cards and a Cheap PCI Express Card I will have a total of 7 cards.

i found the PCI 8400 GS cards on new egg for around 60 bucks each which isn't too bad for a super computer.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast