Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 156

Thread: pyrit CUDA nvidia Tutorial + Nvidia overclock instructions

  1. #121
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleK View Post
    Hey, thanks for the demo! I used your trick to run pyrit on a cluster of 16 GeForce 8800 GT (source code modified to use MPI, specifically mpi4py.)

    Benchmark:
    89362.88 PMKs/s total.
    see http: // pastebin.com/f1818ef67

    Real implementation with output piped to cowpatty:
    3430600 passphrases tested in 58.11 seconds: 59034.70 passphrases/second
    see http: // pastebin.com/f41a72352

    If anyone has a cluster they can fool around with, I'd be happy to share the specific mpi code since I won't have access to my cluster anymore in a few days...

    (I can't post real URLs before I have more than 15 posts apparently... sorry about my weird URLs!)
    Send me a PM. I'd love to have the code.

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I was just thinking about how we can use 2+ computers. With the gtx300 series just around the corner I will be getting 3 of them for my new build and see how it compares with the 295.

    eventually I would like to set up a 4 dual slot pc dedicated to folding@home and WPA when I feel like it, plus use my main pc.

  3. #123
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    You guys need one of these.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #124
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    What I really need is one of these

  5. #125
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    What I really need is one of these
    Here you go.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  6. #126
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    This one has 4 of those cards inside of it and that Japanese university has 170 of them.

  7. #127
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    This one has 4 of those cards inside of it and that Japanese university has 170 of them.
    I just want one of these, but just the case.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...200_d2_us.html
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  8. #128
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Send me a PM. I'd love to have the code.
    I'd love too! unfortunately, I don't seem to have the rights yet (because I'm a new member maybe...)

    I posted a screencast of the program running on the cluster here: youtube.com/watch?v=GzDbvd5knmQ

  9. #129
    MFighter
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleK View Post
    Hey, thanks for the demo! I used your trick to run pyrit on a cluster of 16 GeForce 8800 GT (source code modified to use MPI, specifically mpi4py.)

    Benchmark:
    89362.88 PMKs/s total.
    see http: // pastebin.com/f1818ef67

    Real implementation with output piped to cowpatty:
    3430600 passphrases tested in 58.11 seconds: 59034.70 passphrases/second
    see http: // pastebin.com/f41a72352

    If anyone has a cluster they can fool around with, I'd be happy to share the specific mpi code since I won't have access to my cluster anymore in a few days...

    (I can't post real URLs before I have more than 15 posts apparently... sorry about my weird URLs!)
    I would really appreciate if you could share the patch/code :-)
    thanks in advance

  10. #130
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doubleK View Post
    I'd love too! unfortunately, I don't seem to have the rights yet (because I'm a new member maybe...)

    I posted a screencast of the program running on the cluster here: youtube.com/watch?v=GzDbvd5knmQ

    Hmm you should be able to PM

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •