Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 156

Thread: pyrit CUDA nvidia Tutorial + Nvidia overclock instructions

  1. #111
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    One of our IRC members XteraX made this video featuring pyrit and the aircrack suite in action.

    Nice, this is helpful.

  2. #112
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have a problem.When I type
    Code:
    root@bt:/opt/cuda# bash CUDA_INSTALL
    I get this
    Code:
    dpkg: unknown option -o
    
    Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages[*]'
    Use 'dselect' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
    Type dpkg --license for copyright license and lack of warranty (GNU GPL)[*].
    
    Options marked[*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !
    FATAL: Module nvidia not found.
    In this case what should I do?

  3. #113
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Remove the first line in CUDA_INSTALL and install the drivers manually but the thing that was missing is this
    Code:
    dpkg --force-overwrite -i /opt/cuda/nv_20090130-1_i386.deb
    ldconfig
    depmod -a
    modprobe nvidia

  4. #114
    Member notlist3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delstam View Post
    I have a problem.When I type
    Code:
    root@bt:/opt/cuda# bash CUDA_INSTALL
    I get this
    Code:
    dpkg: unknown option -o
    
    Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages[*]'
    Use 'dselect' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
    Type dpkg --license for copyright license and lack of warranty (GNU GPL)[*].
    
    Options marked[*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !
    FATAL: Module nvidia not found.
    In this case what should I do?
    Im curious on this aswell i just got a laptop with a nvidia in it and am getting the thing. Any help would be much appriciated. Using a Geforce 9800M GS.

    Thanks

  5. #115
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,126

    Default

    The problem is just there is a typo in the install script. Just edit the CUDA_INSTALL script. It should be

    dpkg --force << notice the 2 dash's. In the script there is only one.

  6. #116
    Member notlist3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    The problem is just there is a typo in the install script. Just edit the CUDA_INSTALL script. It should be

    dpkg --force << notice the 2 dash's. In the script there is only one.
    Thanks for quick response i will have to edit the script.

    Thanks

    Edited: Thank you works great using a nvidia 9800m GS, 512 mb card, im getting 2756.89 PMKs/s on the benchmark

  7. #117
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thanks for the help.It works.

  8. #118
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,126

    Default

    http://ph33rshow.blip.tv/file/1971635/


    Short demo using the passthrough option of pyrit which eliminates the need for giant tables taking up all your hard drive space.

  9. #119
    smurof
    Guest

    Default

    Any news on that third GTX 295 ?

  10. #120
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Smile MPI & pyrit

    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    ph33rshow.blip.tv/file/1971635/

    Short demo using the passthrough option of pyrit which eliminates the need for giant tables taking up all your hard drive space.
    Hey, thanks for the demo! I used your trick to run pyrit on a cluster of 16 GeForce 8800 GT (source code modified to use MPI, specifically mpi4py.)

    Benchmark:
    89362.88 PMKs/s total.
    see http: // pastebin.com/f1818ef67

    Real implementation with output piped to cowpatty:
    3430600 passphrases tested in 58.11 seconds: 59034.70 passphrases/second
    see http: // pastebin.com/f41a72352

    If anyone has a cluster they can fool around with, I'd be happy to share the specific mpi code since I won't have access to my cluster anymore in a few days...

    (I can't post real URLs before I have more than 15 posts apparently... sorry about my weird URLs!)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •