Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Howto] Running BT4beta on the same usb key as BT3

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    i also tried to copy all folders or files from BT4's boot folder which is not included in BT3' Boot folder , but it is a dead end
    Not sure i understand your post correctly, but are you saying that on the root of your usbkey you don't currently have a BT3 and a BT4 folder? Because you need to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwing View Post
    Not sure i understand your post correctly, but are you saying that on the root of your usbkey you don't currently have a BT3 and a BT4 folder? Because you need to have both.
    oh you got me wrong i meant that i copied from ISO (after unrar it sure) not only vmlinuz , ......(after rename sure) i also copied the files and the folders in (ISO boot folder) which is not included in my boot folder on my BT3 hard disk
    i wish you get my point
    Impossible is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    oh you got me wrong i meant that i copied from ISO (after unrar it sure) not only vmlinuz , ......(after rename sure) i also copied the files and the folders in (ISO boot folder) which is not included in my boot folder on my BT3 hard disk
    i wish you get my point
    Guess it was wishful thinking on my part. Back to the drawing board...

Just burned his ISO

i noticed that the contents of you boot folder are a little different than mine. take a look here.

h t t p://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/kenl92/?action=view&current=bootfolder1.jpg
    (just remove the spaces in http)

Quote Originally Posted by kenl92 View Post
    i noticed that the contents of you boot folder are a little different than mine. take a look here.

h t t p://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/kenl92/?action=view&current=bootfolder1.jpg
    (just remove the spaces in http)
    That is true, the differences you're seeing are rootfs.gz and bzImage. Those are files I need to boot into slitaz, a light portable linux distribution. It changes nothing.

I've formatted my key, re-installed BT3 and followed my pictures step by step with no interpretation (approached it as though i've never done it before) and it still worked.

I'm a little frustrated by all of this. My classmates have been successful in following my images and adding the beta to their key. I'm very confused by all of this.

I'm going to continue to look for solutions.

Just burned his ISO

do you think you could upload your boot folder to the internet somehow, for me to download and see if that works?

Quote Originally Posted by kenl92 View Post
    do you think you could upload your boot folder to the internet somehow, for me to download and see if that works?
    If i did that, you would have to run bootinst.bat again. Also, i don't want to post incomplete chunks of other peoples work on the internet.

Just burned his ISO

I know this is a longshot but are you sure you downloaded the .ISO file and not the .rar file for vmware (like I said it's a longshot to ask but it's worth a try at this point.)

No, i definitely got the iso. I'm going to give it a rest for tonight and try one more thing in the morning, if that doesn't work I'm going to ask a Mod to erase this thread. I just can't seem to re-create the errors you're all describing. Its all fine for me and my colleagues, hope i can figure out whats different for you all.

Just burned his ISO

Ok ya it's late here too but thanks for all your help anyways!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast