Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 First Impressions

My 1st,2nd & 3rd impression of BT4beta,What a waste of bandwidth.You call this a professional pentest disto,it Looks ,Feels, Acts,& SOUNDS like a 15 yr old put this together on a sunday morning after drinking all night.I recomend you take this offline as soon as possible ,and maybe everybody will forget this even happened.
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Quote Originally Posted by FrankFruter View Post
    My 1st,2nd & 3rd impression of BT4beta,What a waste of bandwidth.You call this a professional pentest disto,it Looks ,Feels, Acts,& SOUNDS like a 15 yr old put this together on a sunday morning after drinking all night.I recomend you take this offline as soon as possible ,and maybe everybody will forget this even happened.
    Post reported. How DARE you insult the people who have given up so much of themselves to make this possible. You embody everything that is wrong with the Community and don't deserve the time or energy of anyone you come accross.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Are you just planning on complaining, or are you planning on making some recommendations?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

wlanconfig list apit shows my APs, and when I try to connect via console it adds the essid under iwconfig, but never really connects.
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone else besides me use the Aircrack suite for their generic networking (I'm not talking about pentesting here). Under my Ubuntu setup, I use airodump to find access points, and once I've found one I just go ahead and connect with iwconfig.

Just burned his ISO

More than okay

I'm missing cheat sheets and documentation stuff. And password-lists. vim doesn't work. And nmap isn't in the newest version - which is essential I think.

The manual initialization of networking is awesome! And I'm a fasttrack fanboy. Works very well alltogether. Could need OpenVAS (this free nesses clone)... server daemon. And some post-exploitation scripts for the meterpreter.
    Still the default Terminal transparency stuff is poor!

Maltego - still there - rocks. Goolag... and nothing that requires SoAPI. That's sweet as.

Nevertheless: Ubuntu makes us able to change everything in BT. So wonderful! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    And what chipset are you running?

@dragracekid: Check THIS out. Maybe we can get something working off of this....
    Hey shadow Im not sure how much this will help me it doesnt seem to suport my card, and im not sure it suports yours i may have missed it and the list says its incomplete so we may be able to mess with this.

All i can say is wtf!? its too bad people like you exist.
    I feel sorry for them - those who take authority as the truth and not truth as the authority -- Zeitgeist

Quote Originally Posted by mRM3e View Post

All i can say is wtf!? its too bad people like you exist.
    You should have seen him in irc!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I love BackTrack4 so far, i havent had the chance to run any tools yet. But it does look very slick. And no more problems with sli cards for me, goes straight to the desktop without getting stuck with a un-synced frame. I also like the apt-get feature. I will test some tools when i get the chance.

Just burned his ISO

I love BT4 but I had troubles with kNetworkManager but after i wrote the command NetworkManager start in the console it worked like charm. And i got the wireless working flawlessly now and im glad that wlassistant is not there anymore cuz it caused me a lot of pain and frustration.
    Im still very very acommodated to BT3 and the transition will take about week or two to get BT4 to be suited for my needs as BT3.

Im not happy that many of the wifi tools are banned like SpoonWPA2 and SpoonWEP but change can be good in terms of - to encourage the lazy ppl's like me to work more in the console and not to rely on GUI tools.

I had problems when trying to make the usb bootable under Windows Xp but i found that the program named "unetbootin" can do that for me and it worked.

P.S> Keep the great work !!! Can't wait for the full BT4 USB Edition Back|track Rockz !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast