Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta Public Released

Just burned his ISO

would you guys know off hand if bt4 will run on the playstation 3?

Quote Originally Posted by azboy View Post
    would you guys know off hand if bt4 will run on the playstation 3?
    I don't know for a fact, but I did a quick google for "ubuntu ps3" and came up with several hits that make it seem possible.

Look into it and lets us know how you fare.

Just burned his ISO

Will do tomorrow.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by micked View Post
    changes=/dev/sdb1 corsponds to your bt4 directory
    First of all many thanks for BT4 beta !
    Thanks also to micked for this tutorial.
    Just a couple of questions, for my previous BT3Final USB Stick install, I created a FAT32 partition for BT, and on the same stick, a second partition ext2 formatted, where I placed changes dir. Is there some benefit keeping separated BT partition from changes partition os should I remove my ext2 part, create a single FAT32 part and use your tutorial ?

Creating changes dir directly from Windows, it should be placed inside BT4 folder ?

Thanks again.

Max
    [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="White"]Laptop[/COLOR] Asus F9S - [COLOR="White"]wlan0[/COLOR] Intel 4965AGN[/COLOR] :( - [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="White"]rausb0[/COLOR] DLink DWL-G122 C1[/COLOR] :) - [COLOR="Red"]BackTrack 3 Final on USB Stick with changes[/COLOR] ;)[/COLOR]

the beta is definitely sexy.... installing on my macbook aluminum now w00000t

Quote Originally Posted by [QMax] View Post
    First of all many thanks for BT4 beta !
    Thanks also to micked for this tutorial.
    Just a couple of questions, for my previous BT3Final USB Stick install, I created a FAT32 partition for BT, and on the same stick, a second partition ext2 formatted, where I placed changes dir. Is there some benefit keeping separated BT partition from changes partition os should I remove my ext2 part, create a single FAT32 part and use your tutorial ?

Creating changes dir directly from Windows, it should be placed inside BT4 folder ?

Thanks again.

Max
    you can use your existing ext2/3 partition and save your changes, or just as I wrote and have the save "changes" folder in your fat32 folder (same as boot and BT4 folders), that was not working in BT3.

I thought the changes partition has to be a linux formatted partition.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I thought the changes partition has to be a linux formatted partition.
    nop, besides bt I´m also using slax and it works as I describe with a changes folder on the fat32 partition.

Looking good

Well done guys! Working fine for now...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by micked View Post
    you can use your existing ext2/3 partition and save your changes, or just as I wrote and have the save "changes" folder in your fat32 folder (same as boot and BT4 folders), that was not working in BT3.
    Thanks again micked, a single FAT32 is good for operations in Win, instead of the second ext2 part invisible for Win.
    [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="White"]Laptop[/COLOR] Asus F9S - [COLOR="White"]wlan0[/COLOR] Intel 4965AGN[/COLOR] :( - [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="White"]rausb0[/COLOR] DLink DWL-G122 C1[/COLOR] :) - [COLOR="Red"]BackTrack 3 Final on USB Stick with changes[/COLOR] ;)[/COLOR]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast