Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metasploit DDOS issue (10/02/09)

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post

I mean what the hell do you want from me? .com is now .org adjust your shit accordingly
    Mis-adjusted shit is always a PITA.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I do my research, I spend hours on the computer every day, I am currently looking at approx 40 open tabs, for various things, I have read the metaploit blog, which is why I updated my post saying I had tried svn switch, which is someting suggested further down the metasploit blog.

Using fast-track to update metasploit is not going to work when they have rerouted the DNS to localhost

Ok, maybe my post was too harsh, but I honestly think that some of you have forgotten what it is like to try and learn something from scratch, you really think I want to post a question on here, the way people get treated? Its a last resort, and the reason it gets so infuriatingly off putting is that you then get some response telling you to go elsewhere, or 'use the search' or you need to prove youve tried to find the answer yourself.

Ive even posted on here explaining that I am new, saying that I have done the WEP and WPA cracking, have run some exploits, am happy with the use of fast-track and metasploit, and then asked for suggestions on where to go from there regarding learning.....surprise, surprise I got flamed and ignored.

so, archangel, this 3 minutes of research, which you claim finds the answer on the metasploit blog, how do you redirect the inbuilt updater to the alternate address that metasploit are using, because the only thing in the blog is the svn switch, which I have already posted my result for.

Citruspers, why post on something you obviously dont know the answer for? Metasploit have rerouted the default update address to localhost, so using a different tool to run the same default update isnt going to do much, but well done for increasing your post count by 1 !!!!!

Barry, if everyone had to go to the forums where the experts for a particular tool were, then surely most of the posts on this forum are in the wrong place, how many posts are really about the actual USE of BT3 (not linux, because that is not covered here either) rather than about the use of the tools included with BT3?

Pureh@te, my original post contained the temp URL that metasploit are using, but thanks for putting me into such a good mood ;-)

ok, so rant over.... I guess that no one gives a flying **** anyway..... suppose I should join the crowd and groom the many 'real' BT3 posts asking indirectly about how to steal my neighbours broadband !!

I'm not going to take this personally. I did give you help. In the past it has been metasploit.com and now it is metasploit.org. Whats the issue? If you want me to spoonfeed your lazy ass then here is the svn command to update to 3.3

svn co hxxp://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/msf3.3

I mean what the hell do you want from me? .com is now .org adjust your shit accordingly

Here have a read. hxxp://blog.metasploit.com/
    Some pathetic lamers are dosing metasploit and some other sites.
    I know, thats why the title of my post was metasploit DDOS issue

and why is it spoonfeeding if the answer isnt already here, or on the metasploit.ORG site, read what I wrote, I have tried commands, and posted the error I received, but thanks

NEWBIES WELCOME...........COME JOIN THE FORUM..........

COME ON WE LOVE NEWBIES...................

now just stand in the corner, with your back to the wall.....

WHILST WE **** YOU IN THE ASS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Wow dude, chill out.

How about "While running program X I get error Y. I tried F, and G. Any ideas?"
    pretty much exactly what I posted when I started the thread then?

Hi, currently Metasploit and various other sites are being subjected to a DDOS attack, my knowledge on linux is still small, so I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to tell me me if I can update metasploit framework 3 from the metasploit.org address which they are currently running from, and if so what command do I need to type in to do this?

I am currently trying this:

$ svn co hxxp://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/

but I dont think this is right, and it failed anyway

I have also tried svn switch to various addresses but I just get hxxp://xxxxxxx is not the same repository as hxxp://xxxxxxxx

Is there a way I can manually update, download a file and then install it? I only have the original release from BT3 USB

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfriction View Post
    so, archangel, this 3 minutes of research, which you claim finds the answer on the metasploit blog, how do you redirect the inbuilt updater to the alternate address that metasploit are using, because the only thing in the blog is the svn switch, which I have already posted my result for.
    Ohh sorry maybe the link was a bit confusing. I merely read the blog which stated on 8 feb that "things were down" and then on 8 feb they were back up. Then on 10 feb "In the meantime, if you want to access the Metasploit web site, please use:
    http://metasploit.org
    Thanks!
    -HD"

I would have thought that you could have figured out that if the normal svn is located at .com then since the whole domain is now located at .org then so would be the svn.

And again that took all of about 3 minutes

BTW I clicked on the link in ff3 that pureh@te posted and guess what it worked even though ff3 can not update itself using svn. Pretty cool cuz it opened a nice dark background page with links in a dark blue down the left hand side of the screen, which was rather eye unfriendly.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

I fail to see the issue here. Here your original post

$ svn co hxxp://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/

pwnsauce ~ # svn co http://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/ msf3.2
    Checked out revision 6210.
    And here is the correct command. Your making your self look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Ohh sorry maybe the link was a bit confusing. I merely read the blog which stated on 8 feb that "things were down" and then on 8 feb they were back up. Then on 10 feb "In the meantime, if you want to access the Metasploit web site, please use:
    hxxp://metasploit.org
    Thanks!
    -HD"

I would have thought that you could have figured out that if the normal svn is located at .com then since the whole domain is now located at .org then so would be the svn.

And again that took all of about 3 minutes

BTW I clicked on the link in ff3 that pureh@te posted and guess what it worked even though ff3 can not update itself using svn. Pretty cool cuz it opened a nice dark background page with links in a dark blue down the left hand side of the screen, which was rather eye unfriendly.
    Which is why MY FIRST POST said:

$ svn co hxxp://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/ (notice the ORG)

I fail to see the issue here. Here your original post

pwnsauce ~ # svn co http://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/ msf3.2
    Checked out revision 6210.
    And here is the correct command. Your making your self look silly.

I dont htink im making myself look silly, I did post in the very first post that I was trying

svn co hxxp://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/

but that it was failing, however, from what you and pureh@te have written it looks like I need to add the msf3.3 at the end, and this does look to be working at the moment, so thanks, but I really dont see what was wrong with my first post where I had explained the cammand I was using !

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfriction View Post
    Which is why MY FIRST POST said:

$ svn co http://metasploit.org/svn/framework3/trunk/ (notice the ORG)

Notice the msf3.2
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Well, it was a rough ride, but thanks, I have now checked out 6210

my mistake was missing the msf3.2 or msf3.3 at the end of the command.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast