Thread: pipe output from kismet_client

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default pipe output from kismet_client

I was just wondering if there was an easy way to either pipe output from kismet_client or a way to get information from the server without using the client. I want to make it to where whenever a new wireless network is found a program (probably BASH or Python) will run. I would just use iwlist but I like the convenience of kismet and its ability to run on my wrt and have gps data. any thoughts? - oh and theprez98, how did you pair the video in your WarTV project with the gps data?...

Quote Originally Posted by linuxps2 View Post
    oh and theprez98, how did you pair the video in your WarTV project with the gps data?...
    Everything is running in separate windows--Kismet, MapPoint, USAPhotoMaps, and the webcam. I'm not sure if you mean something other than that?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Everything is running in separate windows--Kismet, MapPoint, USAPhotoMaps, and the webcam. I'm not sure if you mean something other than that?
    oh, i thought you might have paired the video with the gps data so that you could click on the map and the video would start playing from that physical location

in any case do you know how to request just the bssid,essid, and gps data from kismet and print it to stdout that way it could be piped into another program with those three parameters as arguments eg bssid = $1 essid = $2 and gps data = $3?... I was talking with dragorn earlier today and he said netcat could be used but I can't figure out how to request *PROTOCOL: NETWORK *CAPABILITIES: NETWORK bssid,ssid,gps with netcat as per the documentation which I can't link to apparently.

Just burned his ISO

well I got it working about how I want it - anyone happen to be good at parsing files?... i don't want to have to piggy back on someone else's project but all I need to do is add one line to the .kml description, no use in trying to rewrite an entire parsing script when it's already done right?...