Thread: soft ap help

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default soft ap help

Hi i'm trying to create a soft ap and bridge it to an ethernet connection to my router.
    This is so i can get my ds online without having to change my AP from wpa to wep.
    so far this is what ive done - copying from a tutorial i found on madwifi-ng page

wlanconfig ath0 destroy
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode ap
    iwconfig ath0 essid test
    iwpriv ath0 wds 1

ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
    ifconfig ath0 0.0.0.0 up

brctl addbr br0
    brctl addif br0 eth0
    brctl addif br0 ath0

ifconfig br0 10.0.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    dhclient eth0
    ive tested pinging the router, and other devices on the network, and it works.
    and also pinged bbc.co.uk and that worked too.

i was able to connect to the internet with another computer using windows xp but my nintendo ds wont connect with it, even when it is unsecured. (error code 51099)

help please? ( - buying a psp is not a solution)

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

...but then won't the hackers just hack into your WEP access point instead of the WPA access point? Do you have some sort of firewall that isolates the WEP network from the WPA network?
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Since when does connecting a Nintendo DS have anything to do with the intended purpose of BackTrack