Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, I hacked into my WEP encrypted network, now what?

Default Okay, I hacked into my WEP encrypted network, now what?

I'm a newbie at hacking, and Linux as a whole. I cracked my network WEP key with my Broadcom 4311 and WUSB54g. Cool. Now what? How do I see other computers on my network and then how do I get to see my files. Just trying to learn the ropes here, with not much to go on. I used the ultimate hacking tool, GOOGLE, and came up with some stuff. But there really isn't much for a new newbie like me. It took me a week to learn how to hack successfully into my WEP network. Looking to move on to bigger and better.

Note: So far I've only hacked into my own network. Thank you.

Just burned his ISO

Take a look at your Wireless Assistant in the K menu, or take a look at the iwconfig command, either will set you on the right path!

Just burned his ISO

Default Congratulation...you are on your way!!

Now try this...tighten up your security with the knowledge that your wireless AP is easily pwn3d...perhaps change your default admin pw, disable broadcasting your SSID, enable security like MAC filtering(to block all except your soon to be hacked hosts), switch to WPA instead of WEP, and add a more layered security to your network...perhaps a host based IDS(snort) and a firewall appliance(endian - also offer free software). Set all this up and bypass this and you will have moved on to the final stage...trying to do this without being detected

Set up a RADIUS server with a strong password, crack it, then post your results
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

What I meant to ask is, how do I get to see what's on my other computer. I've got to learn that b4 I try to secure it. In other words, where can I get a hacking 101 guide for dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaxia101 View Post
    Now try this...tighten up your security with the knowledge that your wireless AP is easily pwn3d...perhaps change your default admin pw, disable broadcasting your SSID, enable security like MAC filtering(to block all except your soon to be hacked hosts), switch to WPA instead of WEP, and add a more layered security to your network...perhaps a host based IDS(snort) and a firewall appliance(endian - also offer free software). Set all this up and bypass this and you will have moved on to the final stage...trying to do this without being detected

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abitaz View Post
    What I meant to ask is, how do I get to see what's on my other computer. I've got to learn that b4 I try to secure it. In other words, where can I get a hacking 101 guide for dummies.
    actually http://www.amazon.com/Hacking-Dummie.../dp/076455784X
    offers just that, but the book is rather sorry imho.
    how about now that you have the ap
    try to " see " what is running on the other computer and no peeking either.
    try K > backtrack > networkmapping and see what it has to offer.
    On really doesn't need to much outside of what is provided with bt3
    or two for that matter.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by abitaz View Post
    log on to it of course. Thats what i do when i want to see whats on my computer.

Thanks, archangel, not so much thanks, pureh@te. I'll try out networkmapping if I can figure out how to use it. Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Look for the giant red "HAXOR" button found in the bottom left of the special magical haxor keyboard.

Try searching sniffing as well...

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I got a new car, where should I drive to?

Take a look at this....

http://wirelessdefence.org/Contents/...ework_001.html

or

http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.c...on%20Test.html

Possibilities are endless.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast