Thread: hatelist in spoonwpa

Default hatelist in spoonwpa

hi there
    i just tried using the hatelist with spoonwpa in BT3 and after capturing the handshake and moving on to the cracking tab. i select to use personal wordlist select the hatelist and hit launch.
    the launch button turns green for about a second then goes back to red.
    has anyone else had tthis problem? i even tried renaming it to wordlist2.txt with no joy. my other wordlist works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by cain#1 View Post
    hi there
    i just tried using the hatelist with spoonwpa in BT3 and after capturing the handshake and moving on to the cracking tab. i select to use personal wordlist select the hatelist and hit launch.
    the launch button turns green for about a second then goes back to red.
    has anyone else had tthis problem? i even tried renaming it to wordlist2.txt with no joy. my other wordlist works a treat.
    why dont you try and use aitodump-ng to capture and crack?
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

Just burned his ISO

I have not used spoonwpa but you should check out this link.
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack3-howtos/23228-backtrack-tutorial-series.html

I think thats what cr1spyj0nes was trying to tell you to try instead of the spoonwpa. Airolib-ng works great against wpa/wpa2. Remember that the passwords are 8 to 63 characters and you must have it in the password file for success. The hatelist might be a bit large to start out with. Might want to try one of the wpa list's that are posted on the forum. Just my two cents though...