Thread: password list .tar.bz2

Just burned his ISO

Default password list .tar.bz2

does anybody have an idea how to install a .tar.bz2 file
    its a password list I downloaded, just wondering as to what is the steps to install this to use for aircrack.

Thanks

Developer

Please dont create so many threads at once. I dont mind helping you however if you ignore the rules I will have to administer some discipline.

This is not a basic linux/networking forum so please try to exaust all your options before posting here.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=...+.tar.bz2+file

Just burned his ISO

Default question

ok so I spent alot of time researching this subject, but nothing on backtrack 3.....

I extracted the wordlist from this file but its to big to put in the aircrack folder, so is there a command line of some sort that will pick this file up when its time to start the aircrck-ng test-01.cap -w (destination to this file)

I tried this but it did not work, would anyone please fill me in on what they do with password list files such as:

pass.tar.bzr

or

pass.tgz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidshoalin View Post
    ok so I spent alot of time researching this subject, but nothing on backtrack 3.....

I extracted the wordlist from this file but its to big to put in the aircrack folder, so is there a command line of some sort that will pick this file up when its time to start the aircrck-ng test-01.cap -w (destination to this file)

I tried this but it did not work, would anyone please fill me in on what they do with password list files such as:

pass.tar.bzr

or

pass.tgz

Thanks
    1. We untar/unzip the tarballs to some directory such as /pentest/password/
    2. We use a wordlist that is small enough to fit on our distro.
    3. We point aircrack-ng to that wordlist if we want to use it to crack WPA.
    ex: aircrack-ng -w /pentest/password/words.txt test-01.cap

Quote Originally Posted by kidshoalin View Post
    does anybody have an idea how to install a .tar.bz2 file
    its a password list I downloaded, just wondering as to what is the steps to install this to use for aircrack.

Thanks
    Hello Kidshoalin,

you seem to have no previous experience. Now you hit a roadblock when it comes to extract a simple file.

You should go and grab a copy of Ubuntu, a Linux beginner tutorial and start there. Asking questions like the one you are asking here shows that you have no business using BT3. It is not meant for a Linux beginner. And it is not c00l or l33t to show off your ub3r skillz while using one of the automated tools or following a tutorial. If you can't understand what's going on you are taking definately the wrong aproach.

No, this is not meant as an insult but a pointer into the right direction. If you need further help, let me know.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá