Thread: Unable to find Edimax 7318usg in interface *Help requested*

Just burned his ISO

Default Unable to find Edimax 7318usg in interface *Help requested*

Im currently using a HP MINI 1030NR and have Backtrack 3 fully installed and running off my SD card. I am trying to use my Edimax 7318usg usb card but it is not being recognized. HP MINI 1030NR uses BCM4310 driver which I think may be conflicting with the external card I want to use.

/sbin/lspci:

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4310 USB Controller (rev 02)

From what I understand I need to blacklist the BCM4310 driver? Any help would be much appreciated I have been searching google for hours to get this working.

Its not listed under lspci but under lsusb, and you should also have a new interface named rausb0 when you do ifconfig/iwconfig.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for taking time to respond however when I execute /sbin/lsusb I get:

Bus 3 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 5 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 4 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 1 Device 3: ID 058f:6387 Alcor Micro Corp. Transcent JetFlash Flash Drive
    Bus 1 Device 2: ID 10f1:1a08
    Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 2 Device 1: ID 0000:0000

Im booting BT3 off of device 3 but I am not sure what device 2 is could it be the wifi card? Also when I do /sbin/iwconfig I get:

lo no wireless extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by FightMyMind View Post
    searching google for hours to get this working.
    Permanent dialogue of every newbiethank god you have not told searching for days.it sounds hyperbolic too.there is no conflict and actually you got output of your mini pci-e card.edimax is USB card.connect that card after properly booting BT 3.if its working it will show in iwconfig else there may be hardware problems.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Permanent dialogue of every newbiethank god you have not told searching for days.it sounds hyperbolic too.......................
    Why must you degrade people like this? There was no reason to bash him or to dismiss his claim of searching on his own. Are you so high on your pedestal that everyone else is presumed "guilty until proven innocent"?

Muts himself has recently expressed concern that we (the Back|Track community) may be fostering an unwelcome environment for "noobs". This is not the image that muts wants for Back|Track so I recommend you try to be less dismissive in the future.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

I don't need your advice.keep it secure for yourself for your future.I commented because that is very small thing he asked and covered many times on this forum & its not matter of "Hours".

[quote=secure_it;118519]I don't need your advice.keep it secure for yourself for your future.........quote]

I'm sorry, that sounded like a threat....

Feel free to PM me if you have a problem with me relaying what I heard from muts first-hand. Otherwise, heed my advice and try to be contructive rather than being an elitist prick. It's unwarranted, and not needed.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help guys I have everything working proper now. Sorry to cause a ruckus in here Not that it matters or anyone should care but I was searching google from noon to whenever I made my post. I can understand where your frustration comes from though and it just takes some research to get find your answers. Once again thanks guys!

Just burned his ISO

What did you end up doing? I am stuck still trying to get my card recognized.

Thanks!

-SF