Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wep shared key

Just burned his ISO

Default Wep shared key

Hi Im making this new post, because Ive researched all over and have not been able to find an answer for this problem I ve been having. Im hoping you could lend a hand, i would like a very detailed answer if you have one, the more info the better.

Ive read that to crack a WEP shared key network, you need start (airdump-ng mon0 --bssid HOMET -c 11 -w sharedkey and wait for a client to associate to the network, so that it produces a file .XOR file, or deauthenticate and existing client. After I perform either of those it ends like the code I posted, and no xor file, just 2 files called sharedkey-01.cap/txt. Cant find info on the "broken SKA:"
    Im using a Intel Wireless 4965agn with injection working wpa/wpa2/wep(opn) have worked so far, have no idea what the borken ska means

Code:
     CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 40 mins ][ 2009-01-29 09:48 ][ Broken SKA: AP MAC ADDRESS

BSSID              PWR RXQ  Beacons    #Data, #/s  CH  MB  ENC  CIPHER AUTH ESSID

00:18:39:6F:D3:D9  221 100    23635     1427    1  11  54  WEP  WEP    SKA  HOMET

Just burned his ISO

Well guess no one has the answer or the answer is so obvious no one wants to spoon feed me, only guess i have , is my hardware, havent been able to buy any atheros usb device, my country's hardware supply is worst than cubas, so if anyone can help me find the answer if its not hardware i would appreciate it

Have you looked on the Aircrack wiki? There is a guide about this.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=shared_key

try

# aireplay-ng -9 <NIC>

This tests to see if you are able to do packet injection. If so, and you are sure you can get into monitor mode, then it isn't your hardware (more or less)

EDIT* As per Marked's link, step 2 describes what SKA means

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Have you looked on the Aircrack wiki? There is a guide about this.
    Yes the steps I follow to get the error I show you, are those steps specified in the link you posted.

On another note, aireplay-ng -9 is successfull, my problem is, Im not getting the .xor file that is supposed to be created when some associates with the ap or I death them. I just get BROKEN SKA and no XOR file

I don't think airodump creates an XOR file automatically, are you sure you don't have to perform an attack through aireplay-ng first (KoreK or ChopChop?) to get an XOR?

[QUOTE=Araquera;118312]
    ... and wait for a client to associate to the network, so that it produces a file .XOR file, or deauthenticate and existing client.
    [QUOTE]

You, sir, read incorrectly. The "waiting for a handshake" or "deathing" a client is for WPA testing, not WEP.

for WEP:

Start dumping the packets to a file (hint: airodump-ng with --ivs)
    Use aireplay-ng to increase the number of obtained packets
    Once you have enough, crack the *.ivs file with airocrack.

More than likely, the problem is with your user of proper switches on the air* suite tools. Use the search, there are hundreds of WEP tuts both here and on google.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

He is talking about WEP SKA
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9626

Found when doing a search for WEP PSK

Shared Key Authentication
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast