Thread: Aircrack With awus036h

Just burned his ISO

Talking Aircrack With awus036h

Hey guys, I have the USB version of backtrack 3 running off a laptop and alfa awus036h usb adapter. I used google mostly to mess with this card, as it's been a trial and error experience... but after a while I found this site needing info I needed, so I registered.

My first question would be: What is the optimal version of BT3 to select at the BT3 Os Select screen? (I think it's called the LILO??) I've been selecting bt3 graphics mode (kde)

My main purpose of playing around with backtrack 3 is to learn about securing wep and I intend on only messing with my own wireless router. I figured I could do this with backtrack running airodump first through the terminal. Right now i just typed in the command: "Airodump-ng wlan0" and I'm watching it catch a lot of beacons, no packets yet. Sorry to be so blunt, but what would be the next course of action?

Just burned his ISO

Hello. Me being a new guy to the site also... and a HAPPY owner of the AWUS036H. And been using the KDE version... dont think theres any optimal version unless your looking for some special features? Its my first touch to the linux operating system so I cant speak with any experience. But I think its that way?

So you wish to crack wep keys? Theres good simple tutorial of it at aircrack-ng site. I managed to get the wep keys of 4 of my neighbours networks by the help of those tutorials in under an hour. It was rediculously easy even there was no wireless clients in those networks present and not very smart neighbours had wep keys like 54123 and 1234567890123.

Next course of action I think will be to try cracking some WPA protected networks.

Lehto, from a legal standpoint you're better off cracking your own wireless router. Unless you have permission from your neighbords, cracking APs without the owner's consent is severely frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
    Hello. Me being a new guy to the site also... and a HAPPY owner of the AWUS036H. And been using the KDE version... dont think theres any optimal version unless your looking for some special features? Its my first touch to the linux operating system so I cant speak with any experience. But I think its that way?

So you wish to crack wep keys? Theres good simple tutorial of it at aircrack-ng site. I managed to get the wep keys of 4 of my neighbours networks by the help of those tutorials in under an hour. It was rediculously easy even there was no wireless clients in those networks present and not very smart neighbours had wep keys like 54123 and 1234567890123.

Next course of action I think will be to try cracking some WPA protected networks.
    If the mods of this forum are consistent i should say - ooohhh you're gonna get it. 'Should read more about what's oging on on the forum before you decide to brag about brakin' wep's. Now MR. _Dude has obviously spent some time here before posting (although he should be able to find the basics of the Aircrack-ng suite by yourself) and saw what's cool and what's not.
    For being cool you get

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063

this is a very usefull tut by -=Xploitz=- on cracking wep. note that xx is tt (can't post links yet)
    Use it wisely and please be ethical. No neighbour AP s**t.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    Lehto, from a legal standpoint you're better off cracking your own wireless router. Unless you have permission from your neighbords, cracking APs without the owner's consent is severely frowned upon.
    + it gets you in trouble with the mods here. RE is about security and learning, not malicious purposes.

As for learning to crack WEP, did you first put your card into monitor mode?
    If you don't know what this is (or you don't know what you're doing at all), I highly recommend you follow some tutorials (search the forum), they generally offer a small explanation along with the commands.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm reading the simple wep tutorial now and saving the docs to my thumb drive so I can access them without a net connection.

I downloaded the movie by -=Xploitz=- and will need to pause regularly to understand what's going on but I think I'll be able to get it.

Thanks again everyone.