Thread: Alfa AWUS036H VMWare

Just burned his ISO

Default Alfa AWUS036H VMWare

Can someone please give me directions on how to install the Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi adapter in VMWare 6.5 running on xp pro. When I iwconfig it says there are no wireless adapters available. I have added the adapter in the vm tools.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cliffyb1 View Post
    Can someone please give me directions on how to install the Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi adapter in VMWare 6.5 running on xp pro. When I iwconfig it says there are no wireless adapters available. I have added the adapter in the vm tools.

Thanks
    Does this mean that you have also made sure that the guest OS gets full control over the hardware?

No additional steps should be needed beyond this to get the card to function under VMware.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

Yes, thanks for that I disconnected it from host and then connected it to the virtual machine and it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by cliffyb1 View Post
    Yes, thanks for that I disconnected it from host and then connected it to the virtual machine and it works fine
    Good to hear. This is usually the step people tend to overlook when connecting a USB device to VMware.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.