Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: How to install KDE 4.2 on Back|track

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    already been solve in other thread below this thread

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Hi all
    i am sorry could you inform me about this problem
    when i reach this Step 4. Download KDE 4.2
    before it ends it says that there is no space left on device
    consider that my root partition is 10 GB and there is about 9.3 GB free
    and i made a swap partition 20 GB (dont ask why )
    so what is going wrong !
    Impossible is impossible

  3. #13
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    Hi all
    i am sorry could you inform me about this problem
    when i reach this Step 4. Download KDE 4.2
    before it ends it says that there is no space left on device
    consider that my root partition is 10 GB and there is about 9.3 GB free
    and i made a swap partition 20 GB (dont ask why )
    so what is going wrong !
    Wow! That's a serious waste of drive space.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Wow! That's a serious waste of drive space.
    i am gonna change it i am trying and anyway it's 160 GB drive it should be 2 GB LOL but zero comes out so do you have any hints about the problem
    i tried everything possible and i changed PC with bigger Ram same problem exists
    i really need help with this
    Impossible is impossible

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    i am gonna change it i am trying and anyway it's 160 GB drive it should be 2 GB LOL but zero comes out so do you have any hints about the problem
    i tried everything possible and i changed PC with bigger Ram same problem exists
    i really need help with this
    why dont you download all the file...posted then install it manual that will save you time and space....After you install it.......you can burn the kde 4.2 in cd so whenever you format you pc and need to install again you dont need to download using the script........also the swap partition is too much big you need at least 2Gig of swap...........

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    why dont you download all the file...posted then install it manual that will save you time and space....After you install it.......you can burn the kde 4.2 in cd so whenever you format you pc and need to install again you dont need to download using the script........also the swap partition is too much big you need at least 2Gig of swap...........
    I have to download it first i see but i wonder why it say that and i have much SWAP
    Impossible is impossible

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default Eidt

    There are some files which are corrupted :
    Can you check please or some one upload it !
    {}
    Look after i downloaded the whole files and i proceed for installing i reach kde install and it said that no free space on device again !
    what should i do !!!
    can anyone help
    Impossible is impossible

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I must admit I didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said, but: why on earth are you building KDE manually and not getting it from the apt repository? Using aptitude will take care of dependencies for you.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    I must admit I didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said, but: why on earth are you building KDE manually and not getting it from the apt repository? Using aptitude will take care of dependencies for you.
    Because, hurr durr, Back|Track3 is not built on Debian or Ubuntu.

    Secondly, try getting KDE4.2 on BT4b, now tell me how good it works (Protip: It doesn't).
    "In God we trust. All others, we virus scan." --Unknown Person

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    There are some files which are corrupted :

    Can you check please or some one upload it !
    {}
    Look after i downloaded the whole files and i proceed for installing i reach kde install and it said that no free space on device again !
    what should i do !!!
    can anyone help
    go to this site.......download the file yoiu need

    ftp://slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/...ges/kde4/deps/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •