Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

  1. #71
    Senior Member Thorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Green Dome
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrotacon View Post
    I dont get why so many people cannot simply wait. Do they understand that a public beta is not ready yet?
    The SM release is - in effect, a pre-beta, late alpha release is it not?
    Then there will be varous bug fixes implemented from what is gathered, and a final BETA will be released publically.

    Private beta's work much better than a wide public beta, in the early testing phases. It allows the dev's to only need to address a small amount of recorded bugs, until the full public is released.

    They have a lot of work on their hands - they do not need 1000 posts on the forum stating there is a bug with such and such... By limiting the number of testers, they have limited the workload of moderators and themselves, whilest still being able to address the serious bugs.

    An excellent way to do it if you ask me.

    Simply put - It just isn't ready yet guys - but soon
    One other point to what mrotacon stated is that for the most part the shmoocon attendees are security experts with a high amount of pen test experience. They are a good cross section of BT4's target audience, and will quickly find issues. The developers get some of the best potential users debugging for them, and at the same time they don't have to put up with the BS from the clueless skriddies who want to know how to boot a CD so they can break the neighbors WEP.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

  2. #72
    Moderator fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    And I don't understand why every apple polisher (I DO NOT mean senior members and mods and devs here!!) has to contribute his shit to this thread. As far as I am concerned I just asked a simple factual question. So calm down and don't make a fuss about it. Btw I'm a pentester for 12 years now.

  3. #73
    Senior Member ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    And I don't understand why every apple polisher (I DO NOT mean senior members and mods and devs here!!) has to contribute his shit to this thread. As far as I am concerned I just asked a simple factual question. So calm down and don't make a fuss about it. Btw I'm a pentester for 12 years now.
    What exactly is a "factual question"? A question is a question is a question. Fact has nothing to do with it.

    As for mrotacon's post, I don't believe it was directed at you. Look at it from a general sense. I'm assuming he's who you are referring to as the only other people to reply to you were in fact senior's and a Mod.

    Congratulations on your 12 years of pentesting. What you will find here is that many of us are also long-time pentesters and a number are active contributors to the community (programs/books written, presenters, and innovators). My point is that unless your credentials have come into question there really isn't any reason to raise the Experience Flag. Your contributions will be evidence enough of your knowledge.



    "The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

    ~ShadowKill

  4. #74
    Moderator fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Well, I agree with what you said ShadowKill. I am a too fresh member so I didn't contribute anything by now. This shouldn't be an excuse - just a fact. I admit what I said before was too harsh or boorish, and I surely didn't want to offend mrotacon, and I apologize for that, but I was reading a lot here in the forums the past few days and I noticed a lot of members repeating dogmatically the opinions (which are good, no question!) of the mods or of senior members just to attract attention or profiling themselves. Sorry but I don't like that kind of lemmings.

    Moreover I wanted to express that not every "just burned his ISO guy" is by default a skiddie and so doesn't want to be treated like a script kiddie.

  5. #75
    Moderator KMDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    Well, I agree with what you said ShadowKill. I am a too fresh member so I didn't contribute anything by now. This shouldn't be an excuse - just a fact. I admit what I said before was too harsh or boorish, and I surely didn't want to offend mrotacon, and I apologize for that, but I was reading a lot here in the forums the past few days and I noticed a lot of members repeating dogmatically the opinions (which are good, no question!) of the mods or of senior members just to attract attention or profiling themselves. Sorry but I don't like that kind of lemmings.

    Moreover I wanted to express that not every "just burned his ISO guy" is by default a skiddie and so doesn't want to be treated like a script kiddie.
    You are right but the percentage of "skiddies" is so high that even those who are often treated as one. But like you, people who are more mature and experienced will quickly be able to point out that they are not and you should find yourself being treated differently then.

    I hope you will enjoy the community here and forgive the harsh time in the beginning It's kind of a rite of passage
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  6. #76
    Senior Member ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    Well, I agree with what you said ShadowKill. I am a too fresh member so I didn't contribute anything by now. This shouldn't be an excuse - just a fact. I admit what I said before was too harsh or boorish, and I surely didn't want to offend mrotacon, and I apologize for that, but I was reading a lot here in the forums the past few days and I noticed a lot of members repeating dogmatically the opinions (which are good, no question!) of the mods or of senior members just to attract attention or profiling themselves. Sorry but I don't like that kind of lemmings.

    Moreover I wanted to express that not every "just burned his ISO guy" is by default a skiddie and so doesn't want to be treated like a script kiddie.
    Oh no, I understood where you were coming from. The problem lies in the fact that we get waves of iTards coming through here and it has become both difficult and fruitless to try and guess at who's "legit" and who is here for a free ride. All it takes is showing a bit of forethought and willingness to help one's self prior to asking off-the-wall questions. Not to say that's what your question was, but you get my point.



    "The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

    ~ShadowKill

  7. #77
    Moderator fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    LOL, iTards....
    I get your point ShadowKill.......thanks so far for the honest and open words.
    I agree with you KMDave and Shadowkill, as long as there's no skiddie-filter it's difficult to distinguish, and here are really a lot of them. Now I/we somehow hijacked this thread but I'm somehow happy that we talked about that.

  8. #78
    Senior Member ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    LOL, iTards....
    I get your point ShadowKill.......thanks so far for the honest and open words.
    I agree with you KMDave and Shadowkill, as long as there's no skiddie-filter it's difficult to distinguish, and here are really a lot of them. Now I/we somehow hijacked this thread but I'm somehow happy that we talked about that.
    You're welcome, just keep what I've said in mind. This thread has pretty much served it's purpose anyway but yeah, let's leave it at this: In this eWorld you are what you post. "Speak" with articulation and respect and people will listen. Don't, and see how far that gets you....



    "The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

    ~ShadowKill

  9. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    There are ways of booting from USB when not directly supported by the BIOS - check through the forums

    Also, I know Muts had mentioned that pxe boot was something he hoped to have working well in BT4.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

  10. #80
    Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Looking forward to news from a fellow Dutchy

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •