Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the hard work. can't wait to dl the beta

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up ...

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    We will no longer tolerate these kinds of passive sideways attacks on mods, admins or other members. Everyone who reads this can consider this your final waring. If you cant be kind and helpful to each other then just remain silent. If you want to remain a member of this forums I suggest a attitude adjustment. This goes for about half the forum and not just you, I'm just using this as a example.
    You really do live up to your nick, pure-h.

So this beta is some sort of improved nUbuntu then? I think going Ubuntu really was a smart move. I can't wait to try this sh*t out!

Shmoocon is almost over... I hope someone is just uploading BT4-BETA to some ftp site

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    If you have a DVD drive you should be fine.
    Well there's my problem right there. And the laptop does not boot from USB.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    Well there's my problem right there. And the laptop does not boot from USB.
    You can use a bootmanager to boot from a Sata / IDE HDD to USB. No dvd or usb boot required.

plop.at/en/bootmanager.html

The Above has built in USB Booting as well as CD, Floppy and All HDD partitions.
    Have Fun.

I cannot wait for this guys. Awesome. And debian based. Nice!
    I'm just pissed that I am broke, and in the UK - otherwise I would have been there.

Also - Thanks for using KDE3. KDE4 "sucks ballz" IMHO. Thats just me though.

You guys are beyond awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by backt View Post
    Shmoocon is almost over... I hope someone is just uploading BT4-BETA to some ftp site
    Brilliant.

You might want to go back and read post #33 and #34. I would then suggest you seek the forgiveness of the mods.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just wanted to note that I got a copy of BT4 at Shmoocon and gave it a try on my eeePC 1000h. Worked right out of the box (well, with only one boot line change: vga=normal). Just picking around with it at the hotel bar, it seems to run very well. I'll give it a more thorough go round later this week. Thank you muts and all those who worked their butts off to get this version out there!

Also, on a side note, though I have never seen streaker69, there was an Amish looking dude sitting next to me during one of the talks...I wanted to ask if he was called "streaker" but was a bit worried that he'd knock me upside my head

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Also, on a side note, though I have never seen streaker69, there was an Amish looking dude sitting next to me during one of the talks...I wanted to ask if he was called "streaker" but was a bit worried that he'd knock me upside my head
    No that wasn't me, since as everyone that met me can attest to, I don't look anything like an amish guy, but I probably would have still knocked ya upside your head.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

will the shmoocon version be the same as the public beta release?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Brilliant.

You might want to go back and read post #33 and #34. I would then suggest you seek the forgiveness of the mods.
    I mean one of the DEVs...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast