Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by nick8ch View Post
    I ran the dev copy last night on my T60p, support for the Intel3945 worked like a champ, as did most everything else.
    Thank you very much good sir.

Man I wish I could pull myself away from school to go there myself. I guess I'll just have to wait for a little bit.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Crusnik View Post
    Thank you very much good sir.

Man I wish I could pull myself away from school to go there myself. I guess I'll just have to wait for a little bit.
    Dude, whatever you can do , just go. One thing i've learned about hacker-cons is that you never NEVER, i tell ya, regret going.
    Just hang tight im sure you will get your copy in time.

cheerz

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by nick8ch View Post
    Dude, whatever you can do , just go. One thing i've learned about hacker-cons is that you never NEVER, i tell ya, regret going.
    Just hang tight im sure you will get your copy in time.
    Cons in general are fun, but going in to a con and coming out a little bit smarter than you were going in is a really great feeling.
    Totsugeki!

I hope you will handle kernel upgrades like ubuntu does, my manual kernel upgrade failed miserably ^^

maybe something wordt saying: How about limiting the bootable kernels to 2 in grub, ubuntu just keeps adding more and more kernels to the list

EDIT: 850 MB? What about your poor old Citruspers with his 700 MHZ laptop that can't boot from USB?
    Net install?

Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    EDIT: 850 MB? What about your poor old Citruspers with his 700 MHZ laptop that can't boot from USB?
    Net install?
    If you have a DVD drive you should be fine.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    I hope you will handle kernel upgrades like ubuntu does, my manual kernel upgrade failed miserably ^^

maybe something wordt saying: How about limiting the bootable kernels to 2 in grub, ubuntu just keeps adding more and more kernels to the list

Net install?
    There are ways of booting from USB when not directly supported by the BIOS - check through the forums

Also, I know Muts had mentioned that pxe boot was something he hoped to have working well in BT4.

Waiting for this latest and up-to-dated pen-testing distro to be arrived.PXE boot,pico cards support all are really major improvements.thanks to dev's.

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Also, I know Muts had mentioned that pxe boot was something he hoped to have working well in BT4.
    It does work well

See here for more info

http://backtrack4.blogspot.com/2009/...r-network.html

Thumbs up

It works well on the 701!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

One the blog site is written that BT4beta has been released, but i don't find a downloadlink

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast