Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

  1. #21
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick8ch View Post
    I ran the dev copy last night on my T60p, support for the Intel3945 worked like a champ, as did most everything else.
    Thank you very much good sir.


    Man I wish I could pull myself away from school to go there myself. I guess I'll just have to wait for a little bit.

  2. #22
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusnik View Post
    Thank you very much good sir.


    Man I wish I could pull myself away from school to go there myself. I guess I'll just have to wait for a little bit.
    Dude, whatever you can do , just go. One thing i've learned about hacker-cons is that you never NEVER, i tell ya, regret going.
    Just hang tight im sure you will get your copy in time.

    cheerz

  3. #23
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick8ch View Post
    Dude, whatever you can do , just go. One thing i've learned about hacker-cons is that you never NEVER, i tell ya, regret going.
    Just hang tight im sure you will get your copy in time.
    Cons in general are fun, but going in to a con and coming out a little bit smarter than you were going in is a really great feeling.
    Totsugeki!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I hope you will handle kernel upgrades like ubuntu does, my manual kernel upgrade failed miserably ^^

    maybe something wordt saying: How about limiting the bootable kernels to 2 in grub, ubuntu just keeps adding more and more kernels to the list

    EDIT: 850 MB? What about your poor old Citruspers with his 700 MHZ laptop that can't boot from USB?
    Net install?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    EDIT: 850 MB? What about your poor old Citruspers with his 700 MHZ laptop that can't boot from USB?
    Net install?
    If you have a DVD drive you should be fine.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    I hope you will handle kernel upgrades like ubuntu does, my manual kernel upgrade failed miserably ^^

    maybe something wordt saying: How about limiting the bootable kernels to 2 in grub, ubuntu just keeps adding more and more kernels to the list

    EDIT: 850 MB? What about your poor old Citruspers with his 700 MHZ laptop that can't boot from USB?
    Net install?
    There are ways of booting from USB when not directly supported by the BIOS - check through the forums

    Also, I know Muts had mentioned that pxe boot was something he hoped to have working well in BT4.

  7. #27
    Senior Member secure_it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    在這兩者之間 BackTrack是4 FwdTrack4
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Waiting for this latest and up-to-dated pen-testing distro to be arrived.PXE boot,pico cards support all are really major improvements.thanks to dev's.

  8. #28
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Also, I know Muts had mentioned that pxe boot was something he hoped to have working well in BT4.
    It does work well

    See here for more info

    http://backtrack4.blogspot.com/2009/...r-network.html

  9. #29
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Thumbs up

    It works well on the 701!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  10. #30
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    One the blog site is written that BT4beta has been released, but i don't find a downloadlink

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •