Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

Hybrid View

Default BackTrack 4 Beta - Shmoocon Pre Release

Hi All,

Max, Martin and I, together with renewed forces - jabra, barbsie and netroller3D - have finally come to the point where we can call BackTrack 4 a "beta".

We have worked very hard on this release, with the kind help of remote-exploit members and the community at large. We honestly believe that this release is the best we've ever had, but then, we say that on every new release.

You can see some preliminary information about backtrack 4 at the following blog, at least until our own wiki and trac are ready to take on the public.

http://backtrack4.blogspot.com/

There will be an initial pre-release in Shmoocon 2009, and then a public beta once Shmoo is over. Hang in there!

We will soon open a new forum for BT4 beta, where members can post questions and useful information. We hope that this new release brings in new positive spirits to the forums.

Muts, Max, Martin, and the RE crew.

Fantastic News!

Thanks for the heads-up, and of course, for all the hard work. Personally, I cannot wait to see what you have cooked up in BT4.

Now, where'd I put those blank CDROMs ... ?

Can't wait, I have been following the blog, I love you guys.
    I guess Barry is going to be at Shmoocon also, I wish I could make it, but damn CIS classes-they are fun though, but nothing like linux.

me ruv u rong time muts :P
    cant wait for this release.
    as always thanks alot for all the hard work you guys put into this. its really appreciated
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

This is the best news i've herd since the birth of my beautiful little girl, Yes it REALLY is that good.

My main goal in life is to end up as a grade a network engineer, And with everything i have learnt so far from the outstanding ppl of the Backtrack community, i hope to further improve and develope my skills.

It has taken me a little longer thean most only started in linux distros in october last year, but have already had so much valid input from everyone in here, I can't wait to have an updateable distro ( Nice and user friendly ), But have much enjoyed the steep learning curve that BT3 has to offer.

Just a great big thanks to Muts and everyone else who has sparked my enthusiasm in linux and in security testing.

Love to all who have made this possible.

i cant believe it has been released............

Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    i cant believe it has been released............
    It hasn't, yet.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    We honestly believe that this release is the best we've ever had, but then, we say that on every new release.
    And it has been true every single time as well.

Great news, honestly thought that a beta version was not to be expected in the near future so this really came out of the blue.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

OMGSH I cannot wait for the new updater feature! I have mainly used BT built onto the HD and I've just updated everything manually, no problem, but with it coming with that by default

Pentesting into the Future!

On the blog it says that you will be having a closed released on shmoocon. what you mean with closed? do any attendees to shmoocon will be able to get their hands on the beta? or it is just a small group on shmoocon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast