Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macbook pro Unibody + backtrack 3?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Macbook pro Unibody + backtrack 3?

Hi there,

I have searched everywhere but no one seems to be talking about the macbook pro unibody and its compability with backtrack 3...

Is it possible to use the live cd on a macbook pro unibody

ZeRoCooL

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool2207 View Post
    Hi there,

I have searched everywhere but no one seems to be talking about the macbook pro unibody and its compability with backtrack 3...

ZeRoCooL
    Couldn't come up with a more original name, eh?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Hi

indeed very original name. Picked that name like right after watching the movie hackers like in 1999. And still using the same name It is changing to hi-tech but myeah..

So got an answer...?

Hi

indeed very original name. Picked that name like right after watching the movie hackers like in 1999. And still using the same name It is changing to hi-tech but myeah..

So got an answer...?
    Try it and let us know how it works out. I would, but I don't have my cd with me.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Hi there,

ZeRoCooL
    I have a 13inch macbook 2 GHz intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, and backtrack 3 works perfectly. It also detects the airport card. I have mine dual booted with my os x.

Check out the tut. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=19708 This apply to macbook pro also.

Quote Originally Posted by kid protocol View Post
    I have a 13inch macbook 2 GHz intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, and backtrack 3 works perfectly. It also detects the airport card. I have mine dual booted with my os x.

Check out the tut. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=19708 This apply to macbook pro also.
    I have a unibody macbook as well and have not yet bothered to install BT3 on it since it runs so nicely under VMware Fusion. However I would be interested in knowing exactly which wireless chipset the Airport card sports, a Broadcom I guess? And you mention that it works fine in managed mode but what about monitor mode and injection?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I have a unibody macbook as well and have not yet bothered to install BT3 on it since it runs so nicely under VMware Fusion. However I would be interested in knowing exactly which wireless chipset the Airport card sports, a Broadcom I guess? And you mention that it works fine in managed mode but what about monitor mode and injection?
    airport card can't be put in to monitor mode, and can't inject. Get a wireless usb.

Quote Originally Posted by kid protocol View Post
    airport card can't be put in to monitor mode, and can't inject. Get a wireless usb.
    I have a USB card already, this is not the issue.

Finally got around to do some research on my own and here is what I found out.
    • The chipset in the specific Airport Extreme model in the unibody Macbooks is indeed Broadcom.
    • No Airport Extreme model supports injection.
    • Monitor mode on the other hand is possible to a variable degree depending on the chipset used.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

^ good to know since my macbook aluminum will be here on Friday. Gotta buy a usb card

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Hi there i quite don't understand how to make it work in vmware fusion..? Is there like some drivers to install because vmware fusion uses nat or bridge mode to get internet so no card is detected when i boot my backtrack cd with fusion...

I will look around on this forum to look after vmware fusion and backtrack. If you have any links it would be nice

Cheers!

ZeRoCooL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast