Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWUS036H doens't show on iwconfig

Default AWUS036H doens't show on iwconfig

Hi,
    I just bought the right card (at last...) after having the wrong one, but even now I can't see it on iwconfig

What am I doing wrong? should I "start" the USB device manually? Is maybe the chipset not the right one?
    I bout the Alfa AWUS036H and the website says it has the RTL8187L chipset.

Thanks in advance!

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

You should not need to do anything, let the system boot up first then add your adapter. If this does not work, try
    modprobe rtl8187
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Default It worked!

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    You should not need to do anything, let the system bot up first then add your adapter. If this does not work, try
    modprobe rtl8187

Thank you so much.
    Maybe you will be able to helo with another problem I have.

I can't boot up from my deskptop. Here is what I wrote after getting an advice but it looks like it doesn't work as well:

saw that I need to put "bt" before typing "acpi=off" but it doesn't work. I thought it was maybe an old thread speaking about the first BT so I tried yping "BT3" but it doesn't work as well.
    I am not sure if I am placing it in the right place.
    This is what I do:

/boot/vmlinuz vg9=0X317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size_=6666 root=/dev/ram 0 rw Autoexec=xconf : kdm_ bt acpi=off

Thanks!

Erm im afraid im not sure exactly what your asking, when the boot prompt comes up just type acpi=off then press enter.
    E.g

acpi=off [enter]

Erm im afraid im not sure exactly what your asking, when the boot prompt comes up just type acpi=off then press enter.
    E.g

[enter]
    I have been told to press the TAB button on one of the boot options. When I do that I see this written line:

/boot/vmlinuz vg9=0X317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size_=6666 root=/dev/ram 0 rw Autoexec=xconf : kdm_ bt

where do I have to put the "acpi=off "? at the end of this line? should I erase this line and just write acpi=off intead?

okay let me get this straight, your trying to boot bt3 from cd? why are you trying to turn acpi off?

Forget pressing tab, at the boot screen just type acpi=off then press enter

oh you mean when the CD is booting and I see all comands runing on the screen! I will try now and will write the outcome in a few minutes!

Thanks!

Default didn't work...

Forget pressing tab, at the boot screen just type acpi=off then press enter, or are you trying to make changes permenant?

Mayeb I am don't get it right (language barrier?)

when I boot up I see a few option. it counts down 4 seconds and automaticly boots the system.
    If I strat writing acpi=off it doesn't write it anywhere. but it stops from counting and when I press the enter it star to ocunt again and starting bood up.
    If what I am doing is OK then I am not sure what is the problem.
    This is the message I get (it stuck after- "looking for data directory")

"Looking for data directory
    Fatal error occurred -BTC data not found
    You are maybe using an unsupported boot device (e.g SCSI or OLD PCMCIA)
    workaround: copy the directory BT3 from your boot device to an IDE/SATA disk, e.g to /mnt/hda1/BT3 or c:\BT3 - then try to boot again"

Thank you again for your time

Quote Originally Posted by eran88 View Post
    saw that I need to put "bt" before typing "acpi=off" but it doesn't work. I thought it was maybe an old thread speaking about the first BT
    No not a language barrier, that just confused me, I thought you was on BT2. So your trying to config the boot loader in bt3?
    Yes press tab and enter acpi=off where I have,

/boot/vmlinuz vg9=0X317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz acpi=off ramdisk_size_=6666 root=/dev/ram 0 rw Autoexec=xconf : kdm_ bt

This will just hang for a minute when loading however it will load just be patient

remove "Autoexec=xconf : kdm_ bt "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast