Thread: open a new konsole in bash and execute command

Just burned his ISO

Default open a new konsole in bash and execute command

hi,
    is it possible to make a bash script (.sh) open a new konsole and run a command. I need the script to open a new shell/konsole and place it on the top left side of my screen, it needs to run a command, for example iwconfig, the window where the original bash script is running needs to continue to exist and needs to continue running...

mvg,
    TY.

And the point of this would be?
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

The following will get you "ifconfig" and "iwconfig" in two different windows.

Code:
    ifconfig
    xterm -e "iwconfig; bash" &
    Notice that I have "iwconfig; bash". If it were just "iwconfig", then the terminal window would disappear as soon as the iwconfig command finishes execution. To keep the terminal window open, I make it launch "bash" right after it executes "iwconfig".

By the way, "xterm" is the bread-and-butter terminal emulator for X Windows, it should be available on every system. If you want to make it less portable then replace it with "kconsole" or whatever (and of course you'll have to look up the command line arguments for "kconsole").
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".