Thread: Broken ethernet after using BT

Just burned his ISO

Smile Broken ethernet after using BT

Couldn't post in the appropriate section so I am posting here.

This is while using BT3, which is absolutely fantastic btw (such a slick distro).

Adapter: Belkin F5D7050 aka zd1211 using BT zd1211 driver

I've gone about the usual process of trying to crack WEP using all the regular tools, which was successful, and my ethernet can be configured and work flawlessly through BT and probably any other linux distro.

I have seen that others have been having this same issue, though. The issue at hand is when using the cracking tools. It will disable the adapters functions in Windows, and it seems like it does it in any Windows version.

I'm not sure where it exactly happens or what tool in BT does it but to me it has to be somewhere between setting the adapter in monitor mode and bringing the adapter up and down...maybe.

After tinkering I've gotten Windows to recognize and install my adapter fine in Windows and no longer reads it as an "Unknown Device". The functionality though, is not restored. The adapter will fluctuate between reading and not reading the available networks and then eventually will not read any networks at all and therefore be useless. I cannot connect to any network at any time while in Windows.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter, leaving the adapter disconnected over night, and anything I can think of (that I know how to do) in linux to restore the functionality.

Does anyone have any advice for me to restore the adapter in Windows?

Just burned his ISO

Hate to bump this thread but I've been playing around with it all day today and can't get it working in Windows. As far as I know I've broken it using BT3 somehow and it just won't work. It takes effort to get it online in BT too, but eventually I can get it up and running. What did I do wrong?

Unless you screwed around with the power settings, I don't see how any software will bork hardware.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69