Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: aircrack-ng wrong password

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2

    Default aircrack-ng wrong password

    Hi Guys

    I hopw you can help me.

    Ive been following the Xploitz WEP crack tutorial.

    Ive managed to get the IV's going up, ive collected over 250000.

    The problem i have is that aircrack has been decrypting the key since only 10000IV's and its the wrong key.

    It does say however thats its 100% but its not. Its too short for starts.

    Any ideas guys???

    I would have thought that if there were not enough IV's then it would fail??

    Any help much appreciated.

    TheWood

  2. #2
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWood View Post
    Hi Guys

    I hopw you can help me.

    Ive been following the Xploitz WEP crack tutorial.

    Ive managed to get the IV's going up, ive collected over 250000.

    The problem i have is that aircrack has been decrypting the key since only 10000IV's and its the wrong key.

    It does say however thats its 100% but its not. Its too short for starts.

    Any ideas guys???

    I would have thought that if there were not enough IV's then it would fail??

    Any help much appreciated.

    TheWood
    Maybe you're expecting an ascii key and the key aircrack is returning to you is hex.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks for the reply.

    It is returning a hex key.

    Is there a program / or way to turn the hex to ascii?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWood View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    It is returning a hex key.

    Is there a program / or way to turn the hex to ascii?
    here http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...cters_to_ascii

    Regards
    One word : SEARCH

  5. #5
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Maybe you're expecting an ascii key and the key aircrack is returning to you is hex.
    Heh, maybe I should tell my wife it's measured in hex...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •