Thread: Penetration testing

Just burned his ISO

Default Penetration testing

Sorry for posting in this area but i still havnt access to "Penetration tetsing area".

In my university i have to perform a penetration testing to a network. I have already get access to the network and sucessfully sniffed the trasmitted traffic.

Network is EAP + WEP.
    What else can i do to the wireless network? Any ideas?

Thanks
    ps. i dont want anyone to do my homework, just some more ideas what i could try.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Have you heard of "fast-track"? It has a thing called "autopwn": It will scan the computers on the network to see if any of them are vulnerable to attack. It has a fully automated process, you sit back and just wait for it to give you full control over the victim computer. Here's the website:

http://www.securestate.com/Pages/Fast-Track.aspx
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

I dont want to check the internal network for vulnerabilities.
    Is anything more i can do to the wireless network? I dont want to test servers/ hosts etc

Quote Originally Posted by jjxoni View Post
    I dont want to check the internal network for vulnerabilities.
    Is anything more i can do to the wireless network? I dont want to test servers/ hosts etc
    Well you can always browse for pr0n I suppose.... What is your end goal if not to gain access to the internal machines?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

I think my goal is to check how secure is the wireless network. I dont know how deep should i go.

I will confirm that and come back

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Default Jjxoni

I think your teacher is expecting you to crack the wep key, jump on the network, and fire up wireshark, however if you want to do just a little more than everyone, also fire up driftnet, to sniff and decrypt passing images, and use nmap to intense scan the subnet, so you can tell him which ports are open and what protocols are running on the network.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

I have already sniffed SCCP (cisco skinny) protocol and i will try to rebuild a call (the RTP) from the packets using VOMIT.

Drifnet looks interesting. I will try that too